Cannondale Monterra w/ Bosch connect module

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
Hi all,

I’ve just tried installing the Bosch connect module into my Cannondale moterra 3 and it doesn’t fit how it’s meant to.

I’m assuming that it’s a Cannondale issue as the motor guard is too tight. I’ve managed to bodge it for now but it is tight to the underside so if I catch it, it’s game over for the module.

Has anyone any ideas how I can go about getting a guard that fits? IMG_5045.jpeg IMG_5047.jpeg

MPrice1988

Jun 6, 2024
Germany
I'm trying the same. I had the idea to fit the module inside the frame above the battery, the problem is that the GPS signal will be poor due to the aluminium shiedling it. I even called Bosch to confirm this.

The Bosch Connect Module can be fitted anywhere in theory, expansion cables are available. However, the only spot where it is not shielded is underneath the plastic motor cover.

My solution is 3D printing a custom motor cover that allows the module to be fitted on it's designated spot or the way it is shown on the picture above. Designing this is a lot of effort and I still have to find a suitable material.

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
I'm trying the same. I had the idea to fit the module inside the frame above the battery, the problem is that the GPS signal will be poor due to the aluminium shiedling it. I even called Bosch to confirm this.

The Bosch Connect Module can be fitted anywhere in theory, expansion cables are available. However, the only spot where it is not shielded is underneath the plastic motor cover.

My solution is 3D printing a custom motor cover that allows the module to be fitted on it's designated spot or the way it is shown on the picture above. Designing this is a lot of effort and I still have to find a suitable material.
Thanks.

I feel we have the same idea. Unfortunately I don’t have a 3d printer so I’ll have to stick with how I’ve got it already and hope I don’t catch the guard on anything😂

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Hi all,

I’ve just tried installing the Bosch connect module into my Cannondale moterra 3 and it doesn’t fit how it’s meant to.

I’m assuming that it’s a Cannondale issue as the motor guard is too tight. I’ve managed to bodge it for now but it is tight to the underside so if I catch it, it’s game over for the module.

Has anyone any ideas how I can go about getting a guard that fits? View attachment 141304 View attachment 141305
I have the same bike and just started looking into adding this. I am sure you saw this video on YouTube. Are you saying the plastic motor guard cover will not fit with it installed?

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
I have the same bike and just started looking into adding this. I am sure you saw this video on YouTube. Are you saying the plastic motor guard cover will not fit with it installed?

Hi mate,

You can get it all to fit but not the way bosch intend it to fit along with the rubber mount they provide.
I’ve had to tuck it on the underside and cable tie it.
I’ve had no issues with it being there but ideally Cannondale needs to make a new motor guard cover to accommodate for it.
I’ve tried contacting them and they are pretty useless in getting me to anyone that cares.

*I believe I commented on the video you posted asking about this our issue

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Hi mate,

You can get it all to fit but not the way bosch intend it to fit along with the rubber mount they provide.
I’ve had to tuck it on the underside and cable tie it.
I’ve had no issues with it being there but ideally Cannondale needs to make a new motor guard cover to accommodate for it.
I’ve tried contacting them and they are pretty useless in getting me to anyone that cares.

*I believe I commented on the video you posted asking about this our issue
Thanks brother! Have you used the Flow+ navigation with your Kiox since you added the module. That’s the main thing I trying to figure out. I am riding new places and want to use the navigation. Supposed to be more detailed views with the latest update from Bosch. Would love to know if it’s better. Used the navigation today it’s pretty bad 😂😂😂. So anything would be an improvement.

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
Thanks brother! Have you used the Flow+ navigation with your Kiox since you added the module. That’s the main thing I trying to figure out. I am riding new places and want to use the navigation. Supposed to be more detailed views with the latest update from Bosch. Would love to know if it’s better. Used the navigation today it’s pretty bad 😂😂😂. So anything would be an improvement.
I’ve used it once but when I got the bike (so a few updates ago). I’ve not used it since the latest update. I’m interested to try it now. It wasn’t bad last time tbf. A mile away from my old garmin but wasn’t terrible.

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
I’ve used it once but when I got the bike (so a few updates ago). I’ve not used it since the latest update. I’m interested to try it now. It wasn’t bad last time tbf. A mile away from my old garmin but wasn’t terrible.
Cool if you don’t mind can you update me. The navigation update was the only reason why I was considering adding the connect module to my bike. Now that I have to do additional modifications to get it to fit my bike it’s less appealing. So if the gps is better let me know! Thanks again!!

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
Cool if you don’t mind can you update me. The navigation update was the only reason why I was considering adding the connect module to my bike. Now that I have to do additional modifications to get it to fit my bike it’s less appealing. So if the gps is better let me know! Thanks again!!

I think I’m a bit lost.
I always thought the connect module was just to track the bike if it got stolen through the flow app. Is there something else the connect module adds other than security?

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
I think I’m a bit lost.
I always thought the connect module was just to track the bike if it got stolen through the flow app. Is there something else the connect module adds other than security?
On the last update it stated between navigating with the Flow+ app as one of the new features. You cannot use Flow+ without the connectmodule

Navigation Enhancements:
The latest update to Bosch's Performance Line CX Smart System adds new map features, displaying not only planned routes and junctions but also side roads, making navigation smoother and more detailed. Riders can now track their real-time battery charge status and monitor route progress through the **Bosch Flow+** subscription service. This subscription, costing either €4.99 per month or €39.99 per year, offers a more detailed map view and real-time charging insights. The first 12 months of the subscription are free.

Last edited:

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Orbea has the same issue and they responded they are not planning on making a cover for it. Looks like people are dropping the motor on them and mounting the module on top. See post #12 on this thread.

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
Orbea has the same issue and they responded they are not planning on making a cover for it. Looks like people are dropping the motor on them and mounting the module on top. See post #12 on this thread.

Interesting. It’s crazy to me that these massive companies (especially Cannondale) don’t talk to each other or even have the awareness to future proof for what seems like is going to be necessary mod.

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Interesting. It’s crazy to me that these massive companies (especially Cannondale) don’t talk to each other or even have the awareness to future proof for what seems like is going to be necessary mod.
Hard to say which company dropped the ball. Since Cannondale & Orbea both have the problem. Maybe Bosch did not give them the data to compensate for this module. I see Cube sells a cover for their bikes to add the module. Bosch would be the one to profit so maybe they need to sell covers for this so they can sell modules and Flow+ service. I wonder if it would be worth reaching out to Bosch.

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
Hard to say which company dropped the ball. Since Cannondale & Orbea both have the problem. Maybe Bosch did not give them the data to compensate for this module. I see Cube sells a cover for their bikes to add the module. Bosch would be the one to profit so maybe they need to sell covers for this so they can sell modules and Flow+ service. I wonder if it would be worth reaching out to Bosch.
I wouldn’t have thought bosch would entertain making covers tbh. The development to make the varying amount of covers for so few uptake wouldn’t be appealing to them. Manufacturers would start the doing them if Bosch did turn a profit and also anyone with a 3D printer on etsy could knock one up for half the price.

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
On the last update it stated between navigating with the Flow+ app as one of the new features. You cannot use Flow+ without the connectmodule

Navigation Enhancements:
The latest update to Bosch's Performance Line CX Smart System adds new map features, displaying not only planned routes and junctions but also side roads, making navigation smoother and more detailed. Riders can now track their real-time battery charge status and monitor route progress through the **Bosch Flow+** subscription service. This subscription, costing either €4.99 per month or €39.99 per year, offers a more detailed map view and real-time charging insights. The first 12 months of the subscription are free.
Hi mate.
I’ve done the update and it all seems a pretty solid upgrade to the first time I used navigation.
It tracks well, you can see more of the road systems around you so when it wasn’t clear before it’s now much easier to navigate.
I think all in all, it’s worth it. The updates that have been coming pretty quick have been good ones. I definitely feel I’m getting more for my money out of the module and flow+ now.
I did make a video but I can’t post it. I’ve attached a screenshot.

IMG_0612.jpeg

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Hi mate.
I’ve done the update and it all seems a pretty solid upgrade to the first time I used navigation.
It tracks well, you can see more of the road systems around you so when it wasn’t clear before it’s now much easier to navigate.
I think all in all, it’s worth it. The updates that have been coming pretty quick have been good ones. I definitely feel I’m getting more for my money out of the module and flow+ now.
I did make a video but I can’t post it. I’ve attached a screenshot.

View attachment 146793
Yeah that looks better. I do not remember seeing the arrow with the turn info on the left on mine. I think mine had the remaining distance on the left.
Allot of the trails around me are not in Komoot. I have been downloading the GPX files from Garmin and making them public so hopefully the navigation will get better as time goes on.
I agree it looks like a worthy upgrade. I will go back and look at your post above. Did you have to buy additional cables or did the Connect Module come with everything you needed? There are 2 different ones I assume the bottom mount version but it doesn't matter much unless they produce a cover for it in the future. Thanks for the update!!

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
Yeah that looks better. I do not remember seeing the arrow with the turn info on the left on mine. I think mine had the remaining distance on the left.
Allot of the trails around me are not in Komoot. I have been downloading the GPX files from Garmin and making them public so hopefully the navigation will get better as time goes on.
I agree it looks like a worthy upgrade. I will go back and look at your post above. Did you have to buy additional cables or did the Connect Module come with everything you needed? There are 2 different ones I assume the bottom mount version but it doesn't matter much unless they produce a cover for it in the future. Thanks for the update!!
All the cables came with it and it’s really easy to install.
The two different ones are just the difference in mounts. You might as well get the one that will fit which is the BDU37. The mount will fit, it’s just the guard won’t fit over. If you get the other one then you’ve got no chance of fitting it if they do eventually make a new cover.
If you come up with a better way of getting it to fit please let me know and I’ll make the change 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles