Buying a new Cube......

Oct 4, 2020
GB
Hi everyone

Total newbie to e mountain bikes, but after hiring one a couple of times I am now ready to pull the trigger as long as I can find one! I was pretty much sold on this cube bike

CUBE Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM 625 flashgrey´n´orange

Was just wondering if anyone here as any experience with this bike? Also as whole what are cube like? I've read many conflicting views online which is making me wonder if a cube is the way to go??

Tonycube

Apr 30, 2020
South Wales
Hi everyone

Total newbie to e mountain bikes, but after hiring one a couple of times I am now ready to pull the trigger as long as I can find one! I was pretty much sold on this cube bike

Was just wondering if anyone here as any experience with this bike? Also as whole what are cube like? I've read many conflicting views online which is making me wonder if a cube is the way to go??
Hello there.
I have this exact 2020 tm 140 in size large.
I changed the cranks for hope 155mm due to rock strikes and also changed the kiosk holder to the one that sites it on top of the stem centrally.
I am 178cm tall with 31 inch inside leg.
I normally have had a medium frame or around 18 inch but on this e bike the 20 inch large seem to fit me very well.
I got invisiframe kit and fitted it myself (was absolute murder to do and took hours but worth it).
All the best from Tony.

Aug 7, 2020
West Midland, UK
Hi everyone

Hi, Yep me personally would say that’s the best Cube to get for the money. I’ve had a few, currently riding a 160 sl 2021 with some changes. As for the TM 140, you will be able to do anything on it.

Only thing I would change if I had one is the chain for rely ability, and the cassette just to get the backend abit lighter. If you was to ride advanced DH I would probably mullet it and upgrade the forks to 160mm which can be done without replacing the existing ones.

As for reliability I’ve not had any problems with Cube bikes, I owned a 2016 model for a few years only had a motor changed due to recall in the first few months, but it never failed. Only problem with Cube but with most other brands, is if you do get an issue it has to be returned to where it was purchased from. I highly recommend to buy from a local dealer who knows their stuff and has a good relationship with Cube, so they can get it sorted quickly.

Ive just come back from a couple of days in Wales with me cube 160. Did Antur Stiniog and Revolution bike Park. It was very wet and muddy but after a good spray down the bike is a good a new and ready for its next adventure.

Last edited:

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
Good luck on getting a TM 2021 model, everything is sold, I bought an AT on Monday past, more than I wanted to spend, way more bike than I'll ever need but the thought of waiting 3 or 4 months was too much so dived in and got it.

Oct 4, 2020
GB
Will do. Was pretty torn between the frame sizes but ended with an 18 as it just felt easier to ride for me.

Tonycube

Apr 30, 2020
South Wales
Will do. Was pretty torn between the frame sizes but ended with an 18 as it just felt easier to ride for me.
Did you order direct from Germany or from a local dealer?
I got mine from certini bikes who have been great.
Also when does your bike arrive?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I got my 160 TM in December last year.
Without modifications to components I find it great. I have done 2,800 KM with it so far, including a TransAlp with 13,700 Vertical meters and 480KM in August. Love the bike. It's my 3rd e-Mtb. and the best.

Oct 4, 2020
GB
I got my 160 TM in December last year.
Without modifications to components I find it great. I have done 2,800 KM with it so far, including a TransAlp with 13,700 Vertical meters and 480KM in August. Love the bike. It's my 3rd e-Mtb. and the best.

Thats great to hear

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I got one a few weeks ago after a lot of research and advice from some more knowledgeable friends and this forum.Lpts of good options but largely came down to vfm and availability.Only been out 3 times but love it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles