Buyer's remorse

BFG

Sep 23, 2019
Brighton, UK
I've got an XL 2020 Levo that I bought after much umming and ahing over size (and a couple of test rides). I'm 6ft6 and I wasn't sure if it'd be big (long) enough.

A few months in and I love the quiet motor and how well integrated it is, but wishing I'd bought a Commencal meta power 29 for the extra inch in reach (and spec).

Anyone ridden both and care to comment on the differences?

BFG

Sep 23, 2019
Brighton, UK
Yes thanks both, running 60mm stem, 800mm bars and seat slammed back.

It's partly the feel of the bike too, think I want something a bit more capable.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Yes thanks both, running 60mm stem, 800mm bars and seat slammed back.

It's partly the feel of the bike too, think I want something a bit more capable.

You might find the Kenevo a perfect fit at S5. The brose despite its ‘issues’ is the best riding motor out there coupled with the 700wh battery I think that’s what I would get if I was buying again today..

Commecal is also a lovely bike but the Kenevo pips it for the motor IMHO

Reactions: BFG

BFG

Sep 23, 2019
Brighton, UK
You might find the Kenevo a perfect fit at S5. The brose despite its ‘issues’ is the best riding motor out there coupled with the 700wh battery I think that’s what I would get if I was buying again today..

Commecal is also a lovely bike but the Kenevo pips it for the motor IMHO
I hear you, just wish it was a 29er. Going to get a demo. Want an S5 Levo!

Martins8

Jul 15, 2019
East Sussex
Hi I’m 6ft 6in as well and I own a 2019 Turbo Levo, found it was the best all rounder for me after several test rides on various Ebikes and I really like it. I own several bikes of varying travel and geometry lengths. On the Levo I have 800 mm wide bars 50 mm rise ( I like big bars) and a 60mm stem with 10 degree rise and the position suits me I don’t get on with a low stack height probably because of my height and I have no trouble weighting the front end and I don’t suffer with too many over the bars. I tried several stem and bar setups until I got the position I like, I have a lot of stems and bars that I can play with. I also prefer 29ers and don’t seem to struggle with turning them and like the speed they carry. The Levo and new Kenevo top tube lengths are about the same but the Kenevo has a steeper seat tube angle which reduces seated cock pit length the higher up the seat is compared to a slightly slacker one so can reduce seated pedalling room. It’s better for climbing weight distribution but it can also put your knees to far forward when you are tall for comfortable pedalling. I have a Cotic with Longshot Geometry the top tube is 20 mm longer than the Kenevo, reach about the same and a slightly slacker seat tube and a taller stack, goes like a rocket down hill and can monster truck over stuff but also can give you a false sense of security at times, and the crash is a lot faster and hurts more but it’s a lot of fun. But it’s not as good an all rounder IMO as my Stump jumper or my turbo Levo which seem to willingly do anything well. I got the Cotic because I like them and I got excited about the long geometry and thought it would be a perfect size, it is big and fits well but out of 4 bikes I own it’s the one that is ridden the least because it’s overkill for a lot of my riding not so nippy in the woods and harder work on long rides. It’s very gravity oriented so good fun if you have lots of long fast descents probably like the new Kenevo would be. Make sure you have a really good test ride and back to back if possible with your bike on the same route so you can make a direct comparison. Good luck.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles