Bullit - Max dropper insertion

akirasan88

May 7, 2021
Los Angeles
Hi guys,

Current Trek rail owner, and in process of getting a new Bullit, I love the Rail, but I made the mistake of buying a Med when I should have bought a large...

And wanting to know, what is the max insertion in a large frame, I like having my droppers slammed to the frame, what length / model droppers are you guys running.

model :
frame size :
frame to collar of dropper :

Thanks in advanced guys, can't wait to get my bullit done :)

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Funny, I went from Rail large to Bullit XL. I’m running a 175 dropper and could probably get away with a 200mm. That’s about all I can tell you, except great choice!

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
Size large has about a 215mm seat tube insertion length, according to SC when I asked them via email before I bought mine. But... I'm running a 210mm oneup dropper, which has a 297mm insert length (including actuator). It sticks out of the seat tube 55mm when fully pushed in. 297 - 55 = 242mm. Looks like they were about 27mm off on what they told me.

akirasan88

May 7, 2021
Los Angeles
Thanks Deftones, and Gutch!

Exactly what I needed to know. I will plan accordingly. I know the stand over height on this bike is very good. So maybe slammed isn't 100% needed.

Last edited:

mlaracor

May 17, 2022
medellin, Colombia
Size large has about a 215mm seat tube insertion length, according to SC when I asked them via email before I bought mine. But... I'm running a 210mm oneup dropper, which has a 297mm insert length (including actuator). It sticks out of the seat tube 55mm when fully pushed in. 297 - 55 = 242mm. Looks like they were about 27mm off on what they told me.

How tall are you?? I just bought a Bullit size large and should receive it next week, I plan to use a 210mm oneup dropper like you. I want to know if you can extend it fully and still be able to pedal well. Im 1.8 Mts tall, that's around 5'10.

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hello

I have an Bullit L and did extensive investigations on "insertion length", because I'm not satisfied.
I'm 1,84m tall with 87cm inseam length. I use a Vecnum Nivo 182.
The possible insertion in the frame is geometrywise 265mm.
Unfortunately there are two embosses for the fixation of the small fender, which reduces it to 250mm.
But the limiting factor is the position, where the tube enters the seat post tube, through which you assemble the bowden cable. The "top" off the tube exit is at 245mm.
So if you put in the seatpost, you can push it further down, but than the cable gets crammed and the bowden cable isn't working anymore. The 90° angle from the cable fixation at the post into the tube is to sharp.
If you go the the configurator of Vecnum and you put in the numbers:
Maximum insertion A 245mm
Maximum extension length B 275mm (that's what I need for my size and inseam),
The maximum is the
NIVO |182| TRAVELFIT stepless, 51mm extension length in seat tube
which is exactly the one I use and I could not get any more mm more because than the bowden cable doesn't work anymore.

I also checked several other dropper posts by datasheet (BikeYoke, OneUp, Fox....), but none is smaller and gives more travel.
So I would say, for me 182mm travel is max.

Bye

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
1652966532647.png

Interesting....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles