Breathable waterproof shorts?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
My first pair lasted about a year, then wore through on the bum. I wear them all winter, and quite often in summer if it’s been raining the night before.

I emailed a photo of the hole to Gore, and they sent me a shipping label to return them for a refund. They come with a 5 year warranty.

My tip would be to buy them from Gore if possible, as their warranty process is awesome.
If you buy elsewhere, Gore request that you send them back to where you bought them.
I just want to drag this old thread up again… as my 3 year old Gore Trail C5 GTX shorts got a hole in them again. Clearly wear from a muddy / gritty ass rubbing against the saddle.

I contacted Gore and was asked a series of questions - order number, date of purchase, photos, amount of use, type of damage etc.

The following day, I had a tracking number, and there are a brand new pair on their way to me.
Best of all, they’ve asked me to take a photo of my existing pair with an X drawn through the label so that I can keep them - but not claim a warranty again off them.

The hole is tiny, so these are still completely usable… and I’ll keep them for VERY muddy days.

Top service from Gorewear once again. Just make sure you buy direct, as otherwise the 3rd party is handling the warranty and will probably tell you to get lost 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I just want to drag this old thread up again… as my 3 year old Gore Trail C5 GTX shorts got a hole in them again. Clearly wear from a muddy / gritty ass rubbing against the saddle.

I contacted Gore and was asked a series of questions - order number, date of purchase, photos, amount of use, type of damage etc.

The following day, I had a tracking number, and there are a brand new pair on their way to me.
Best of all, they’ve asked me to take a photo of my existing pair with an X drawn through the label so that I can keep them - but not claim a warranty again off them.

The hole is tiny, so these are still completely usable… and I’ll keep them for VERY muddy days.

Top service from Gorewear once again. Just make sure you buy direct, as otherwise the 3rd party is handling the warranty and will probably tell you to get lost 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

View attachment 120283

View attachment 120282
Couple of holes in mine but obviously I've caught them on something . Nice one though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles