dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Chain broke after 2 miles...
9B2DFA10-6006-4909-8C30-2E11A7B69565.jpeg

Recommend me a decent chain please ?
Also, the shifting has a weird and horrible delay, you press the shifter..... wait...... and then it shifts, even if you are not pedaling, it’s a rough shift and I don’t wanna go through too many chains.. I’ll get it in the stand tomorrow and check the shifting and I’m hoping it’s just a bit of cable stretch but all suggestions welcome..

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
SRAM NX PC-1110 only comes in 114 links. My L-size Levo has 116 links stock chain length, maybe it would also work with 114 links but did not try it.
Your next best price/performance choices are SRAM PC-1130 (does come in 114 or 120 links version) or SRAM PC-X1 which has 118 links.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
My M Levo needs 116 links. Price of a PC-X1 is little more than a 120 link PC1130 so that's the one for me. Much longer life than the one that came on the bike.

By the way, where did the chain break, normal link or master link?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
well, fixed the chain with bits of an old identical KMC, set up the tubeless, set up the suspension and then re-indexed the gears.
got it sorted really nice and took it out, did 19 miles and 3770 feet in 2 hours. had no problems at all until after a very long and rough downhill section where i didnt shift at all.. at the bottom there is a climb so I started changing gear to get up it, no rush, not steep etc but the chain started smashing and crashing, wouldnt stay in gear etc.. made an adjustment on the lever end and all good again, was lucky this time that I didnt break anything.. that was 15 miles into the ride after having no problems so im gonna put it down to cable stretch and bad luck...
Levo Crychan.jpg

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
Also make sure your rear Axel isn't loose.

Try to shift up into a bigger gear in back on long decents. That'll keep your chain under more tension and keep it from bouncing around as much.

You also mentioned something above, about shifting while not pedaling? Don't do that

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
Chain broke after 2 miles...
View attachment 31385

Recommend me a decent chain please ?
Also, the shifting has a weird and horrible delay, you press the shifter..... wait...... and then it shifts, even if you are not pedaling, it’s a rough shift and I don’t wanna go through too many chains.. I’ll get it in the stand tomorrow and check the shifting and I’m hoping it’s just a bit of cable stretch but all suggestions welcome..

High Rock Ruti

Chains and cassettes every 750 ish miles, Sram are reputed to be the best search Google there is a chain durability test kicking around. Shifting is most likely bent hanger used to bend by hand trailside and it would shift better. I have a spare chain in my backpack, if I only wore my backpack ?, however always carry a master link which you'll use, some ebike chains require special links specialized among them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles