Brake advice

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Evening all

i currently have a set of SRAM Level T brakes on my 2019 turbo levo base model, it’s 4 pot at the front and 2 pot at the rear. I’ve came across a few options and would like your advice. I’ve just put new 200mm rotors on my bike and looking on pinkbike I’ve found a set of 2019 SRAM Guide T in mint condition for £100 or a new set of 2020 SRAM G2 RS for £180.

Main question is would you bother upgrading from Level T to the Guide R or jump straight to the G2 RS is there much difference between the R & G2?

Also as the cables are internal could I just swap the levers and callipers over and use original so I don’t have to feed them through the frame.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Main question is would you bother upgrading from Level T to the Guide R
No.
is there much difference between the R & G2?
Yes.

You haven't said why you're looking to upgrade. or what's not performing well enough for you with your current brake.
You also haven't mentioned anything about yourself, how or where you ride. All of which make a difference to what will suit you best

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
No.

Yes.

You haven't said why you're looking to upgrade. or what's not performing well enough for you with your current brake.
You also haven't mentioned anything about yourself, how or where you ride. All of which make a difference to what will suit you best

Good point, I ride a mixture of steep technical trails to fast flowing blacks, I tend to ride go hard or go home approach, I feel the level T isn’t giving me the stopping power I need.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Ok another question is if I stick with SRAM brakes can I use the existing cables as they are internally routed and just change the levers and callipers and re bleed the system without issue?

Currently have Level T and looking to upgrade to Guide R as rear is 4 pot but don’t fancy getting the cables routed internally.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles