Bosch Motor Replacement

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Hi

I have a Cube Stereo 160, a year old, and had my first issue with it last week where i suddenly lost power 9 miles from home :(

Off to my LBS and they thought it may just be a minor wiring issue. Rang today and the sealed motor unit has water and mud in it. They've contacted Bosch and are awaiting a reply, but looks like replacement motor. Not a surpise, but Bosch have said that should not happen

Question: Anyone any experience of dealing with Bosch in terms of replacement motors? In particular around availability of motors and how quick they are in replacing?

Thanks

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I took mine in yesterday for a similar problem. Combination of error 550 (Short circuit) and error 500.
Happend the second day into a Transalp after nearly 200 KM in pouring rain. Luckily my wife brought me her 140 Race. I could put the seat post up enough to ride it the rest of the tour.
Bosch are really good and pretty quick too. They even swapped a faulty 6A charger we had. It was bought new in Germany, and a bike shop in Austria phoned Bosch up and swapped it without any questions after I showed them my Invoice.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Took my old hardtail in for a broken purion - power button wouldn’t work

3 days later brand new unit arrived and fitted. Old unit off for diagnostic.
Bosch seem very good at warranty stuff.

Juho

Oct 19, 2021
Finland
I had errors 513 and 510. Got new motor from Bosch for free and it took three weeks. I think bike shop sent old motor from Finland to Germany and after Bosch inspected the old one they sent the new one back.

PINNACLE

Oct 21, 2020
Guildford
My Cube Stereo 160 is also a year old and at 2000 miles it came up with Service required on the Kiox so took it to LBS a few weeks ago and they cleared the message. The next ride I did it was fine then I went out last Saturday turned it on and service required came on again. I pressed ok and it cleared 8 miles into my ride Error 500 came on so I pressed ok and it cleared, a couple of miles later Error 500 again and no power this time. Turned it off took off Kiox and the same, tried again and it started working. I decided to dump the ride and headed home. On the way back I got up the last big hill ok then started heading down hill for the last few miles to my house when the motor cut out again and the Kiox switched off. Turned it on and Error 500 and no power then Kiox switched off and would not stay on. I did get home with no power and called LSB who looked at it that afternoon, they cleared the error code and said it should be fine but to be sure take it for a quick ride and then Error 510 came on the Kiox. I left it with them as they wanted to contact Bosch. On Monday they called to say Bosch wanted the motor sent to them and I needed to send proof of purchase for the warranty which I did. Motor sent on Tuesday so waiting to hear but hopefully it will be a simple swap over based on the above.

PINNACLE

Oct 21, 2020
Guildford
My Cube Stereo 160 is also a year old and at 2000 miles it came up with Service required on the Kiox so took it to LBS a few weeks ago and they cleared the message. The next ride I did it was fine then I went out last Saturday turned it on and service required came on again. I pressed ok and it cleared 8 miles into my ride Error 500 came on so I pressed ok and it cleared, a couple of miles later Error 500 again and no power this time. Turned it off took off Kiox and the same, tried again and it started working. I decided to dump the ride and headed home. On the way back I got up the last big hill ok then started heading down hill for the last few miles to my house when the motor cut out again and the Kiox switched off. Turned it on and Error 500 and no power then Kiox switched off and would not stay on. I did get home with no power and called LSB who looked at it that afternoon, they cleared the error code and said it should be fine but to be sure take it for a quick ride and then Error 510 came on the Kiox. I left it with them as they wanted to contact Bosch. On Monday they called to say Bosch wanted the motor sent to them and I needed to send proof of purchase for the warranty which I did. Motor sent on Tuesday so waiting to hear but hopefully it will be a simple swap over based on the above.

Got a call this afternoon bike ready for collection with new motor. Bike shop took old one out on Monday new one arrived today. Shocked by how good and quick this was. 3 1/2 days.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I had an issue with a Purion that would not turn on at all, a trip to the LBS where I purchased the bike from and a week later picked the bike up with a new battery under warranty. Great service from Bosch and LBS.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Sounds like bosch provide a good service which is great news as i have ordered a new bosch powered bike. Sounds like the motors come quicker than the bikes 😫😫

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles