Bosch - Kiox300 helpful note

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Morning all,

Just thought I would add a quick public service announcement regarding the Kiox 300. Last week I updated cellphone to a new iPhone 15. Everything in the apple world goes across to the new phone fine. The problem started to happen when I couldn't unlock my bike even whilst logged into the flow app because I presume my old iphone was logged to the bike.

I spent a while trying different things to no avail, finally deleted the flow app from my old phone, also deleted the bluetooth connection on the old phone too. Then deleted & reinstalled the flow app on my new phone. Re-paired with the bike and was finally able to get it working properly again.

My main note is before changing cellphone or updating things make sure you switch "OFF" the ebike lock within the flow app or use your Kiox as a key. I believe this would have helped the lockout issues I had. You can always turn on the ebike lock feature later

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi Kiox owners. Quick question for you (wasn’t sure where to post it so here will do)

Can the Kiox display be removed completely from the bike ? That’ll just leave the LED remote which I presume you need to change power modes ? Also, does the Flow App link with Garmin Fenix ok ?

Last edited:

gibbo66

Sep 1, 2023
Sydney Australia
I believe 'yes' you can- as long as the cable from the motor to the Kiox is long enough- or you move the LED controller closer.There's a youtube 'how to'.I'm also considering it as I don't use any of the features and I don't want to break it!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Yes ( as a bove). Kiox 300 merely acts as a slave screen for the Led Remote. Whyte bikes were all supplied just with the LED Remote.
If you have a Kiox 300 fitted, the cable from the motor goes on either terminal on the Kiox300 and another cable then connects the Kiox300 to the Led Remote. To remove the Kiox 300 it just requires removing both connections and the connection into the LED Remote, then the motor cable is connected into the LED Remote. The issue ( as a bove) for you, may be that the motor cable will not reach the LED Remote, in which case you either have to move the LED Remote or buy a longer motor to LED Remote cable.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Yes ( as a bove). Kiox 300 merely acts as a slave screen for the Led Remote. Whyte bikes were all supplied just with the LED Remote.
If you have a Kiox 300 fitted, the cable from the motor goes on either terminal on the Kiox300 and another cable then connects the Kiox300 to the Led Remote. To remove the Kiox 300 it just requires removing both connections and the connection into the LED Remote, then the motor cable is connected into the LED Remote. The issue ( as a bove) for you, may be that the motor cable will not reach the LED Remote, in which case you either have to move the LED Remote or buy a longer motor to LED Remote cable.

I have t got the bike, just looking at one that’s 750Wh battery and comes with Kiox 300 and LED remote. I’m not keen on the Kiox display and prefer a clean cockpit, so would just take it off. Not too keen on the LED remote either but presume there’s no other option for that

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I have t got the bike, just looking at one that’s 750Wh battery and comes with Kiox 300 and LED remote. I’m not keen on the Kiox display and prefer a clean cockpit, so would just take it off. Not too keen on the LED remote either but presume there’s no other option for that
If its mounted on the top tube aka Trek Rail or on the handlebar/stem you can just take the Kiox off. Works fine without it, its just a display afterall

Last edited:

Milktoast

Sep 4, 2023
Australia
If its mounted on the top tube aka Trek Rail or on the handlebar/stem you can just take the Kiox off. Works fine without it, its just a display afterall
I've been wondering about this, as my Focus has the system controller in the top tube and the mini remote. So I can remove the kiox 300 and both cables no worries?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles