Bosch Kiox stuck on “Off”.

jjsj1994

Feb 29, 2020
Kingswinford
Hi all, my dads cube 160 threw a wobbly on the weekend. When he connected the Kiox display it initially switched on all ok and then about 500 yards in to the ride it changed mode to “Off” and the remote wouldn’t work. The Kiox display was on but we couldn’t change the mode via the remote, we reset the battery and nothing still. I read one post which said that WD40 on the connectors resolved the issue but has anyone especially, experienced this?

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
Hi,
Have same problem on my Orbea Wild FS, not during a ride but when cleaning the bike...
The kiox display says "off" and does not respond anymore to any of the remote buttons.
Appointment made with the dealer, but have to wait because its rather busy over there...
Thinking of changing to the less complex Purion option... (all i need is an indication on batt use and setting a different mode)

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
Problem with kiox solved itself after connecting the USB interface to a laptop, no service app started, very strange...
If it happen again, I will upgrade the kiox firmware
Not so eager to connect the bike to Internet (Bosch)

Embee

Aug 14, 2020
Lancashire UK
Hi all, my dads cube 160 threw a wobbly on the weekend. When he connected the Kiox display it initially switched on all ok and then about 500 yards in to the ride it changed mode to “Off” and the remote wouldn’t work. The Kiox display was on but we couldn’t change the mode via the remote, we reset the battery and nothing still. I read one post which said that WD40 on the connectors resolved the issue but has anyone especially, experienced this?
This is weird. Today I had exactly same experience. Set off, all good, then suddenly also after approx 500 mtrs, the same outcome on the Kiox that you describe. Bike is 2 months old. Contacted shop I bought it from and they are sending me a new control unit (after I send the one from my bike first !). Interested in anyone else who had same and how they resolved it.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
wonder if this is a dead battery issue. (the kiox battery not the bike) the USB on the Kiox can be used to charge the internal battery

Embee

Aug 14, 2020
Lancashire UK
wonder if this is a dead battery issue. (the kiox battery not the bike) the USB on the Kiox can be used to charge the internal battery
Well, update, I sent the Kiox controller back to shop I bought it off last Friday, and to their credit, they checked it and returned it saying there was nothing wrong with the controller. I put it all back together yesterday and without having done anything else, the Kiox reset itself so I had to go through the initial setup again, and everything worked ! Really v strange and I’m wondering whether the Kiox simply confused itself, tied itself in knots, and needed some ‘down time’ to sort itself out. Only issue now is I need to rebuild some confidence (in the bike) before heading off onto the Moors and other desolate places I have previously been enjoying.

Embee

Aug 14, 2020
Lancashire UK
Update is I got a replacement controller from Bosch and since then I’ve had no more issues and confidence is returning. I do think it was a problem with the original controller but am now taking even more care of the new one and avoiding any contact with water eg when cleaning or even in heavy showers. Should be designed to put up with all that, but just in case...

ohampel

Jan 4, 2021
israel
thanks for the prompt replay.
i have this app
1610285706794.png

on my samsung phone
every time when i try to connect the Kiox with my phone i get this message: "an app is required to use this devise" [translation]
any idea?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
thanks for the prompt replay.
i have this app
View attachment 49636
on my samsung phone
every time when i try to connect the Kiox with my phone i get this message: "an app is required to use this devise" [translation]
any idea?
I have No idea what's going wrong.

That is the correct app, so you should just be able to pair it up to the kiox.

I think you need to start the pairing process in the app, not on the kiox.

Marchordie

Aug 4, 2020
Belgium
Update is I got a replacement controller from Bosch and since then I’ve had no more issues and confidence is returning. I do think it was a problem with the original controller but am now taking even more care of the new one and avoiding any contact with water eg when cleaning or even in heavy showers. Should be designed to put up with all that, but just in case...
how do you update the firmware?
thanks
via the bike shop...

Embee

Aug 14, 2020
Lancashire UK
Suggesting ensuring Controller is completely dry/dried out. I also did a full reboot - maybe coincidence old controller started working after that.
Suspecting the controller is not very tolerant of any kind of water/spray/dampness. I got a new controller and have covered it in clingfilm since to protect and haven’t had any issues. Crazy to have to do this on a MTB !

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
The user manual for the kiox says this

If, contrary
to expectations, the Kiox is not in a fully functional condition
and cannot be operated, pressing and holding the on/
off button (4) (for at least eight seconds) will reset it. After
being reset, the on-board computer will restart automatically
after approx. five seconds. If the Kiox does not restart, press
the on/off button (4) for two seconds.

So try that - might just be that the kiox has crashed?

tesifon

Mar 24, 2021
Spain
Suggesting ensuring Controller is completely dry/dried out. I also did a full reboot - maybe coincidence old controller started working after that.
Suspecting the controller is not very tolerant of any kind of water/spray/dampness. I got a new controller and have covered it in clingfilm since to protect and haven’t had any issues. Crazy to have to do this on a MTB !
Mine is completely dry. Sure. How to do full "hard" reset?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles