Bosch Kiox - Start, Stop & Bluetooth

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I have an irritating issue with the Bosch Kiox when I finish a ride. I can't see the final stats until I end the ride by . . . resetting the trip data. The problem is I don;t know if it has all the data and when you've cleared the trip data only to find out that it doesn;t have all the data . . . then it's too late! It's all gone! For example, my bike data on Kiox says I've done 1,769km but the ebikeconnect Dashboard says I've recorded 1,605km and that it down to lost data. (Yes, there have been a few short rides testing some upgrades, but not 160km)

So, am I missing something? I get that to start I open the ebike connect app and make sure my phone has connected by bluetooth, but there must be a "safer" way to end a ride and keep the dat until you know it has all been backed up?

I hope that makes sense to someone, any assistance is much appreciated and I won't be offended if I've been stupid and missed something out, I just can't get a consistent way.

Thanks in advance . . .

Gigha

Sep 30, 2020
East Lothian
Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I have an irritating issue with the Bosch Kiox when I finish a ride. I can't see the final stats until I end the ride by . . . resetting the trip data. The problem is I don;t know if it has all the data and when you've cleared the trip data only to find out that it doesn;t have all the data . . . then it's too late! It's all gone! For example, my bike data on Kiox says I've done 1,769km but the ebikeconnect Dashboard says I've recorded 1,605km and that it down to lost data. (Yes, there have been a few short rides testing some upgrades, but not 160km)

So, am I missing something? I get that to start I open the ebike connect app and make sure my phone has connected by bluetooth, but there must be a "safer" way to end a ride and keep the dat until you know it has all been backed up?

I hope that makes sense to someone, any assistance is much appreciated and I won't be offended if I've been stupid and missed something out, I just can't get a consistent way.

Thanks in advance . . .

Hi,

It used to be a bit hit and miss getting the Kiox to sync with the app and online portal after a ride [I used to remove the kiox from the bike and have to switch it back on several times before the sync happened]

Since the 3.0.1.0 update last month the sync with the app appears to have become more reliable, I just power off the Kiox at the end of the ride with the unit still on the bike, a message is displayed on the Kiox screen that sync with the app has been completed just before it powers off. I only ever do a reset on the Kiox at the start of a ride.

If your Kiox is still on an older software version it may be worth updating to see if that improves things. [the ability to do custom screens on the new version is useful]

Hope this helps.

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
With the latest software update this seems to be fixed. When you finish your ride you just turn off the Kiox ... You then get a message "syncing data" and animated graphic showing the process is taking place. Once this is done, you get a message "Syncing complete" then "Goodbye"

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi,

It used to be a bit hit and miss getting the Kiox to sync with the app and online portal after a ride [I used to remove the kiox from the bike and have to switch it back on several times before the sync happened]

Since the 3.0.1.0 update last month the sync with the app appears to have become more reliable, I just power off the Kiox at the end of the ride with the unit still on the bike, a message is displayed on the Kiox screen that sync with the app has been completed just before it powers off. I only ever do a reset on the Kiox at the start of a ride.

If your Kiox is still on an older software version it may be worth updating to see if that improves things. [the ability to do custom screens on the new version is useful]

Hope this helps.
Thanks for taking the time to reply ...

So I haven't seen the sync message that you mentioned but I am on all the latest updates on the app, Kiox, motor and so on ....

Having said that, I had wiped my last ride and the Kiox was still showing "Ride in progress" so thought I'd lost all the information. About 3 hours later it was all in app and had recorded it?

It would be great if Bosch would publish a proper process for finishing rides, pausing, laps etc because I can't seem to see any definitive way to do this?

Thanks again for the replies. ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Thanks for taking the time to reply ...

So I haven't seen the sync message that you mentioned but I am on all the latest updates on the app, Kiox, motor and so on ....

Having said that, I had wiped my last ride and the Kiox was still showing "Ride in progress" so thought I'd lost all the information. About 3 hours later it was all in app and had recorded it?

It would be great if Bosch would publish a proper process for finishing rides, pausing, laps etc because I can't seem to see any definitive way to do this?

Thanks again for the replies. ?
I Agree completely with you. I often have problem with this. Sometimes I have a connection with my phone and everything is OK.
Sometimes I see my phone is connected, but it doesn't show the battery level on my phone, then nte synch doesn't work. Other times I have problems with getting my phone to connect.
It took me a while to realize I had to start the Bosch Ebike connect app first, otherwise it wouldn't connect.
I agree, it could be easier.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
yeah its (the app & connectivity) garbage, its garbage because the bike doesnt really know when one ride stops and another starts, The kiox cant assume that just because it has turned off and back on again that its a new ride, or that because its been on all the time its the same ride. They just need to implement a 'start recording' and 'stop recording' function and then just send data between those two points as a single ride to the app.

Having said that I dont really know why they bother because strava/garmin already do this way better than bosch and most people use these to record their rides. The bosch app should just focus on configuration of the kiox - set up the screens, look at firmware versions etc, and allowing you to tweak the motor assistance levels.

I've uninstalled the app because its so useless.

David0208

Mar 30, 2019
United Kingdom
yeah its (the app & connectivity) garbage, its garbage because the bike doesnt really know when one ride stops and another starts, The kiox cant assume that just because it has turned off and back on again that its a new ride, or that because its been on all the time its the same ride. They just need to implement a 'start recording' and 'stop recording' function and then just send data between those two points as a single ride to the app.

Having said that I dont really know why they bother because strava/garmin already do this way better than bosch and most people use these to record their rides. The bosch app should just focus on configuration of the kiox - set up the screens, look at firmware versions etc, and allowing you to tweak the motor assistance levels.

I've uninstalled the app because its so useless.
I hear you .... but it would to be such a waste of data, as we have a built in power meter! Unfortunately as I'm sure you are already aware, Bosch doesn't allow connection to any other device. I can't even connect my Samsung Galaxy Watch to use that for the heart rate monitoring, I had to buy a separate blue tooth strap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles