Bosch BDU4XX electric connectors

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Has anyone found out a place to buy the Bosch CX Gen 4 motor (BDU4XX) electric connectors? Any idea who makes them or is it Bosch proprietary?

I'm looking for connectors for: Speed sensor and Purion. (just the connector, not the whole cable..)

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
As far as I am aware the connectors are commonly used on cars. So they should be available in various configurations from Ali express or Ebay.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Yes but like whats the model? Vendor? Any keyword, links, etc?

They look a little like Deutsch DT but are not.

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Well I could search the Internet or take a pic and use Google lens, but that's your job!

aegidius

Sep 30, 2023
brisbane
I have managed to find the plugs made by TE Connectivity (of course they are freely available on Bosch cables too) but the sockets are not available anywhere I can see. They are NanoMQS plugs/sockets. They are attached to the internal PCB and the plastic moulding is part of the case. If you were in the game of making speed dongles (hypothetically - I'm not) you would need these sockets.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
The idea is to extend derestictor's wires so that it could be installed above the motor in seat tube. Currently it's so tightly packed between the motor and rockguard and the wires are exposed on the rockguard holes. The wires have already scratches.

Another or default option would be using heated shrinking connectors but new connectors would be a little more nice way to do it.

Last edited:

aegidius

Sep 30, 2023
brisbane
@Hamina how did you get on? Did you ever find those sockets? I'm still trying to hunt them down but no luck. An extender for the speed sensor cable (with plug one end and socket at the other) would be just the thing I'm after.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles