Bosch App for Rail 7?

idave

May 15, 2020
New Zealand
Hi there - just doing a bit of research for a new ebike. Is there an App (iPhone) for the Bosch motor in the Rail 7? If so is there any customisation that you can do?

Thanks

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
No , there are no apps for bosch motor on Rail.

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
I would say you are wrong, there is a bosch app for your phone, that gives you different things to view, heart rate etc. But nothing in the app for adjusting power settings.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I would say you are wrong, there is a bosch app for your phone, that gives you different things to view, heart rate etc. But nothing in the app for adjusting power settings.
Only with the Kiox display not the Purion one on the Rail 7

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
I think Trek (and others) are lacking in this area - their offer is confusing with overlapping products, forced display upgrades and no motor tweaking for a start.
Security is an area nearly all manufacturers could improve on with electronic and mechanical immobilisers.

Philly G

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
I think Trek (and others) are lacking in this area - their offer is confusing with overlapping products, forced display upgrades and no motor tweaking for a start.
Security is an area nearly all manufacturers could improve on with electronic and mechanical immobilisers.
Exactly! It would be so easy to incorporate an immobiliser of some kind. And even though I think the Bosch is the best motor atm, the lack of a decent app with motor tweaking is disappointing

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
Exactly! It would be so easy to incorporate an immobiliser of some kind. And even though I think the Bosch is the best motor atm, the lack of a decent app with motor tweaking is disappointing
I thought I’d read somewhere there is a security feature with the later Kiox displays and once set and the screen was removed the bike is just a very heavy clockwork bike. I’m sure someone will enlighten us all or tell me I’ve dreamt it.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
I thought I’d read somewhere there is a security feature with the later Kiox displays and once set and the screen was removed the bike is just a very heavy clockwork bike. I’m sure someone will enlighten us all or tell me I’ve dreamt it.

Philly G

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Yes, but not everyone can afford either the bikes that have kiox, or the relatively expensive upgrade. Would be nice to see some kind of immobiliser technology on the cheaper models too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles