• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered BLEVO issues with Specialized Gen 3 motor

I like to share my story and asking if BELVO are looking at the issue.
My gen 2 brose motor on 2020 Levo S Works bike was replaced 2 months ago with a gen 3 motor due to broken internal belt drive.
I kept taking my Levo back to the Specialized dealer as the bike was losing power when you change modes while using the BELVO app. The dealer replaced the TCU and the internal HDMI cable.
The planet 3 device was removed and Specialized themselves review bike . It was returned to say all was perfect and the dealer was advised that Specialized has blocked the BLEVO app to gen 3 motors and of course their 2021 bikes.
Has anyone else have you experienced this ? Two of my riding buddies with new 2021 Levo have stopped using the BLEVO app.
Paolo , is there any development to use your great app with gen 3 motor Specialized ebikes ?
Cheers
Pete

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There isn't a "gen3" motor. They call it the 2.2, though it's exactly the same as the 2.1 was for the last several months of 2.1 motor production.

There is this thread which might help you and explain's some of what's happened with the Mastermind TCU and new security.

But blevo should still work normally on your bike, nor should it affect power. It's more likely that the settings you have set in blevo are different to the settings you have set in mission control, so you're changing more settings than you realise when you're using Blevo to configure your bike. Like reduced acceleration response for instance. You can check the settings that are on the bike with Mission Control afterwards if you're not sure and/or factory reset them using the Preset option in Mission Control.

If they're changing the HDMI cable you do have issues though as they're for televisions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles