Bike not turning on

GCSE1608000

Aug 31, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Hi guys. I have a Merida eONESIXTY 8000 and haven't ridden it for a while. Battery fully charged but when I press the power button it only flashes while I hold it and nothing. Bike wont turn on.
It has done this before but can't for the life of me remember what the tech did to make it start.
Any help is appreciated.

bob64

Oct 4, 2024
Isle Of Wight
Hi guys. I have a Merida eONESIXTY 8000 and haven't ridden it for a while. Battery fully charged but when I press the power button it only flashes while I hold it and nothing. Bike wont turn on.
It has done this before but can't for the life of me remember what the tech did to make it start.
Any help is appreciated.
Hi. I have the same problem on my Merida. Did you have any luck fixing this? Thanks.

bob64

Oct 4, 2024
Isle Of Wight
Hi. Both battreys are fully charged. The bike was left in the shed for a long while (5 Month) without being used. I have read about pushing the power button hidden in the down tube, which does light up the display but only for a short time. Is it the battery in the display itself that is flat? If so how do you charge it or replace it? Thank you.

WalterP

Oct 5, 2024
Finland
Well The battery on the start button ew-sw100 (or in display in other bikes) can be only charged by 2 ways:

1) plug it to computer separately(!) Via cable and a shimano diagnostic box. Go to e-tube. Maintenance tab. Charge.
Takes up to 4-5 hours to fully charge. this is mostly likely ever done in SSC.

2) plug your ebike to a charger. While the battery and the start button are connected. While the battery level is below 50%. Once the main battery reach to 50%. Energy flow to the start button is reduced. Whether or not it is charged.

This can lead to a situation where user that likes to keep he's bike full or almost full. and commutes only for short distance. ends up never charging the small battery in the start button.

How ever you could get away in your island by borrowing your battery to a friend and tell him to drive it empty. Plug it back to your bike and charge.

There is a hidden way to start by pressing the power button in the battery. This is usually aligned with a bolt hole Just below bottle cage. try remowing the bolt or rubber cover and poking gently with a non sharp object.

Then there is also another a unofficial way to start the bike.

Last edited:

WalterP

Oct 5, 2024
Finland
If your bike has separate start button such as ew-sw100 or ew-sw300 those are notorious to have their cell flat. Cold weather and long storage does its thing to those tiny cells.

Display on your bike SC-E7000 does not have a cell in it. So it is not able to start the bike itself.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles