• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Bike comparing - which one??

Simonp3

Aug 21, 2020
Denmark
Hi everybody, i am in a big doubt here.. i am looking for a new bike, my current bike is a 2018 Scott E-spark 710. First i looked for a used demo bike, but Covid-19 has turned the bikeworld upside down, and everything is sold out..

27.5+ wheels
Bosch motor
Shimano xt brakes
Shimano xt gear
160 mm front travel
140-160 mm rear travel
Budget is MAX 6000 Euro!

It's for trail riding and the occational trip to Germany and Bikeparks (1-5 times a year)

However, i find it hard to find something that ticks all these criterias.. and i find it even harder to find 27.5+ wheels these days. I have never ridden 29'ers, but maybe it comes down to habit?

i found 3 bikes, which i am in love with, each in their own way.. I need your help and inputs. I come from Denmark, and i am unable to try out any of the 2 bikes, i have in my binoculars..

The first one is the Cube Stereo Hybrid - which my heart is choosing:
Cube-Stereo-Hybrid-160-HPC-Actionteam-625-275-2020-review-100.jpg

I absolutely love the colors! i get fox damping, but i think that the rear shock might be too overkill for me, with all the settings. but i get 27.5+ wheels, i get Shimano XT gear, XT brakes, 170 mm front travel (love the fork color) and a big rear shock too. it actually fits all the criterias!

The other one:

Rail98GX_21_32971_C_Portrait.jpg

is a Trek Rail 9.8 XT p1 I can get it at a good price if i drive to Germany (4 hour drive) it retals for 8000 Euro, and i am looking at 6500 Euro's (a bit over budget, but it's still a very nice offer i think)

On the Rail i get 29 2.6 wheels, SLX Brakes, XT gears, 160 mm front damping in the new ZEB. I actually don't know how much travel the RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3 has? and the color is insane in the Phaze Purple!

The rail would be the one that is easiest to sell next fall, i guess, and would be the one, which "i have lost the least amount of money on" if you know what i mean, because of the discount buying price. i have never bought a bike this expensive! it is more than the cost of my car!

The last one is the Decathlon Stilus:

Decathlon-Stilus-3231-1520x1120.jpg

which is great value for money. The same engine as the others, 27.5+ wheels, but Sram Guide R brakes (are they good?) Rockshox 35 150mm travel, Sram SX drive train which is low end, and i like how shimano is shifting. Rockshox deluxe 150 mm rear travel.
But a 1/3 price tag infront of the others, and as we all know - never in stock..

I don't really have a preference with carbon over aluminium. On a daily basis, i'm a mechanic, and my head still screams that alu is stronger than carbon, but i know, that in the end, carbon probably wins?

I'm thinking about warranty issues too. If a problem occurs, i have to drive the Rail down to Germany, which is a 4 hour drive. The others i need to ship in to the company (decathlon and Bike-discount) Which i ultimately, would feel better to drive the Trek down.

Give me your thoughts! Heart says Cube, but i've heard bad things about their warranty apartment. Sense says Trek because of the name and resell value. Budget says Decathlon Stilus, but probably never going in stock again.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
I have to ask! Looking at the Trek world dealers, Denmark is hardly devoid of bike shops, why travel to Germany for a discount? Shirely even paying more locally is worthwhile when confronted with an 4hr round trip & the waste of your personal time. Potentially double that if you need to leave the bike with them?

For my 2nd ebike I consciously paid more to get an e-bike from my LBs (helped I wanted the model too), rather than have another mail order bargain, after an 8wk wait warranty turnaround on my 1st DOA mail order e-bike.

i doubt any of your choices would be bad, but can you be bothered messing around up-specing the decathlon, if you have the cash for the others?
Also no idea if Wiggle prices are competitive for you but the Vitus E-Sommet should be considered, if you like the Stilus.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles