Best mini mudguards, UK?

Jonnyferry1

Aug 26, 2020
England, UK
Hello,
whats the best mini mud guards on the market today? Im leaning more towards the tie wrap on style but not sure whats a good design to use. Any suggests with links for UK? Thans

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
they are all much of a muchness if you are looking at the ziptied enduro/marshguard type - some have slightly more coverage than others, but basically go for whichever you like the look of.

Of the ones I have used the Burgtec Moto Mudguards stood out as being made out of slightly thicker material than normal, and a bit sturdier as a result, but really there is nothing between them.

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 07.30.30.png

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I use the RRP proguard

-probably doesnt fit the definition of mini, but works exceptionally well. I have to wear contact lenses because glasses cannot correct my eyesight, and if the tiniest bit of dirt gets into a contact lens it hurts like hell, these mudguards in combination with clear glasses totally eliminate this.

Last edited:

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
RRP is by far the best I have used. Also added bonus if you run Fox / Ohlins, it's bolt on too, so no zip ties needed.

Personally, found those ones up there /\ essentially useless.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes they are no substitute for an RRP full set, but are good it sunnier times as they still protect the forks and stop a bit of roost going in your face - I run the RRP's front and rear in the winter, though the rear is designed to protect the bike/bearing/shock etc rather than the rider.

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 10.27.58.png

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I run the RRP's front and rear in the winter, though the rear is designed to protect the bike/bearing/shock etc rather than the rider.

Great setup... please add reference, where to get it.

Agreed, I want to protect the suspension/shock/motor... I take shower anyway

Jonnyferry1

Aug 26, 2020
England, UK
Hello everyone.

i was struggling to find a rear mudguard for my Specialized turbo levo and i stumbled across this website based in the uk?? which has got custom shaped guards for mostly Specialized but other bikes too. Check it out :

The price is high, but you have full protection on the rear i think it looks like its worth it.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Hello everyone.

i was struggling to find a rear mudguard for my Specialized turbo levo and i stumbled across this website based in the uk which has got custom shaped guards for mostly Specialized but other bikes too. Check it out :

The price is high, but you have full protection on the rear i think it looks like its worth it.

These look great!
Please post some pics on your bike

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
The SicoMTB guard looks good, but you have to remove the lower swing arm on the Levo to fit the bottom half and it leaves a section of the bike unprotected.
If you're buying one, get some tape too

Jonnyferry1

Aug 26, 2020
England, UK
I will when it comes ??
The SicoMTB guard looks good, but you have to remove the lower swing arm on the Levo to fit the bottom half and it leaves a section of the bike unprotected.
If you're buying one, get some tape too

Thanks for the heads up, that was a good read i found myself lost into a fouple more threads in the same subject. When it comes and i get the chance ill upload some pictures of the results

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles