Best eye protection?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Oakley. My primary pair are Jawbreakers with a photochromatic lens. First of all, I've never seen sports glasses with the stunning clarity of Oakleys. Clarity is of utmost importance. I like the photochromatic because they're good at sunrise, good in the bright midday sun, and they're even acceptable after dark. I also like that they're not so dark as to obscure the shadows when riding in and out of the sunshine. For just this reason, I'll never ride with polarized lenses. Oakley lenses somehow shed sweat in a way that doesn't create distortion of the few. That's important this time of year when there can be a near constant stream running from my helmet. They're comfortable enough for all-day rides, although after too many days of riding, the bridge starts to hurt, and I'll switch glasses for a day.

I don't think there is a solution to fogging. It's not as much about temperature as it is the humidity and my own body temperature and sweat output. Sometimes you just have to pull the glasses down on your nose to create airflow as you look over the top.

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
When is sunny i have some Oakley carbon jawbreakers but when its rainy or dull i have just a £1.50 pair of clear safety glasses rather than pay a fortune for clear lenses for the Oakleys

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles