• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Best E-bike saddle?

Crazee horse

Sep 20, 2020
Uk
Madison Flux isn't identical to the Charge Spoon. They're both made by the same factory (velo) and share the same shape but there are subtle differences between the two .Most noticably the Spoon's padding is softer.
I'm not being argumentative BUT, singletrack reviews have all said they're the same, yet the flux is softer. Same as anything, they all have tolerances and some may be softer than others I guess. But it's as close as dammit bar stitching.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm not being argumentative BUT, singletrack reviews have all said they're the same, yet the flux is softer. Same as anything, they all have tolerances and some may be softer than others I guess. But it's as close as dammit bar stitching.
you've just agreed with me that they're not the same.
So what exactly is your point? Other than whatever you read on "Singletrack reviews" being fairly worthless.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
IMG_7083.jpg

Following this thread feedback I got a Charge Spoon. It is a little harder than my OEM saddle, but ergonomically correct... will test-ride this weekend!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
They're the same bar the stitching.
No. They are made in the same factory by the same manufacturer (Velo) who make loads of saddles for many brands to each brands specification.
The two saddles share the same shell and rail design which is why so many people like yourself mistake the two for being exactly the same bar the obvious difference in stitching.
Gusset also have a saddle model made by Velo using the same shell.
Try all 3 and you'll find they are all slightly different because of the use of different covering and padding materials.
Now go pick your toys up.
If only but unfortunately all the local pubs and clubs have been closed since covid mate.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles