Best Bullit rear air shock? X2 or Super Deluxe Ultimate

2 stroke

Jul 30, 2019
Front Range Colorado
My stock Super Deluxe Select rear shock seems harsh on landings. I put a Meg Neg can on and it helped but I want it to be more plush on landings. I had an 11-6 for a time and missed the pop of an air shock. The Super Deluxe Select is good enough on small bumps and I want the bike to be as poppy as possible so I'm not interested in a coil. I'm also not interested in the expensive EXT air shock. Basically do I want a Super Deluxe Ultimate or X2? I am a fan of the X2 from other bikes and they are now reliable. People also really like the RS Ultimate and there is a stock Santa Cruz tune available but I've never ridden one. Who has tried either on their Bullit?

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
On the Canyon Spectral ON I have the Rockshox super deluxe flight attendant. Nice damper. I have better experience with the FOX float X Factory that I use on my trail bike.

The FOX X2 Factory came with my Torque ON. Very nice damper for setting up and also did feel very nice on the rides I did with it. Exchanged it for an Ohlins TTX22m.2 coil. Reason: I'm liking the feel of a coil on the Enduro E more.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
My stock Super Deluxe Select rear shock seems harsh on landings. I put a Meg Neg can on and it helped but I want it to be more plush on landings.

I've run a 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate and a 2024 X2. Both are great shocks. My experiences have been on different bikes, so I can't give you a direct comparison. The bike that was running the SDU was the plusher of the two.

If yours seems unusually harsh, the first thing I'd look at is removing volume spacers, and of course minimizing compression damping. Adjust sag to be a little less, so you have more travel to work with. And if your rebound is too slow, speed it up so you're not landing on a partially compressed suspension.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles