BATTERY ERROR FROM FATHOM

fs0ciet1

May 17, 2020
milano
I'm getting a battery error from my brand new FATHOM. Lighting indicator is flashing red and LED 1 is blinking. Didn't call the dealer yet, figured I stop here first.

Here is the blurb from the manual:

5.4 RideControle ONE
In case of a system error, the RideControl ONE display can show various error messages. Lighting
indicator (H) will flash, accompanied by one of the error code indicators (L) that double as power assist
indicators). Switching off and on will reset the system in most cases. If so, continuing a bike ride is no
problem. Contact a dealer for final test results via Service Tool.
Note: LEDs are numbered from bottom to top.
• LED 5: Heat issue
• LED 4: not applicable
• LED 3: Speed sensor issue
• LED 2: Motor issues
• LED 1: battery issues

Any suggestions for me?

funnel

May 15, 2020
World
You probably had a bad connection on the battery contacts on the bottom for some reason and this triggered the error.

Kuifje

May 5, 2021
Ghent, Flanders
Hi. Many of the problems I had with Giant have to do with water infiltration after a ride in the rain. Quite erratic behaviour of the LEDs. I normally remove the battery pack and dry the bike in the sun, sometimes use a hairdryer. I now made a sleeve to protect the water coming in the battery pack chamber, and protect partially water entering around the motor. My next bike will be one with better battery pack housing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles