Anyone using ProBikeGarage app for tracking maintanence of your bike?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I'm not connected with author of this app in any way (its free and even with no ads!), I found it several months ago and never had extra time to properly set it up, but few weeks back I finally set everything up like I want it, and now ohh man, this app its freakin awsome! It totally satisfies my bike OCD condition :ROFLMAO:
Once properly set up, all serviceable/replaceable components of the bike entered up (many of them are selectable from database or you can enter any custom component), defined service intervals (many components from database are already equipped with manufacturers service intervals, you can of course edit them or enter customized), connected to sync with Strava account (AFAIK this is the only way for automatic rides/mileage sync), the app will automatically track and remind you of any defined maintanence work on your bike, like when you have to do fork 50h lower leg service, when to do full 200h service, when to lube a chain, when to check a pressure ... Will continue with several screenshots which will give you a better idea how this app looks & works:

First you enter all your bikes (or just import them from Strava, if you have them defined there):
Screenshot_20200417_234810_com.probikegarage.app.jpg

Then you choose or define all the serviceable components (I think they will also import from Strava if you have it defined there) and assign them to particular bike. Components can be either assigned/installed to a bike, can be Not installed (you have it on stock for later install, maybe you even migrate them between several bikes) or can be retired.
Screenshot_20200417_234818_com.probikegarage.app.jpg

Here is example of defined chain component and its service intervals:
Screenshot_20200417_234903_com.probikegarage.app.jpg

And dropper post:
Screenshot_20200417_234938_com.probikegarage.app.jpg

When defining custom service interval you can choose from 4 different options to trigger reminders when particular value is reached. Service intervals can be one time or repeated (which will get reset every time you add a service on this particulat interval):
Screenshot_20200417_235000_com.probikegarage.app.jpg

You can overview rides which are synced from Strava:
Screenshot_20200417_234825_com.probikegarage.app.jpg

You can then get (if you allow it of course) friendly notifications of required maintanence work on phone notification bar:
Screenshot_20200417_235005_com.probikegarage.app.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
STRAVA already has this

settings > gear

Adding service intervals and alerts is a stupid feature.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
But in Strava you can only make a list of bikes and its components, and you can see installation dates and mileage of components, delete or retire them, and that's about it ...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Why would you want anything more though?

There's actually no such thing as an exact service interval for a bike part. when to service a bike part depends massively on the sort of use, conditions ridden in, type of rider and how it;s treated/looked after. Manufacturers service interval guidelines don't take any of this into account at all.
Maintenance and checking your bike should be a regular part of your riding routine, after cleaning/washing the bike or prepping before rides etc. and that's when to spot worn components or parts in need of a service and it's really not something you need to collate data on.
I personally can't think of anything more annoying than some dorky phone alert telling me it's 3 days since I last measured my chain.
I have 11 well maintained/serviced bikes. I'd need to employ a secretary to file all those details.
Having said that, I have logged drivetrain, disc pad and tyre life with Strava and found it interesting to compare the wear rates to that of my regular bikes. turns out they share an incredibly similar wear rate. in a way making logging anything fairly pointless.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles