Anyone paired Shimano calipers with the stock Sram 200mm rotors on the '19 Levo?

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
As per title really - Shimano go 203 rather than 200 but wondering if anyone has got Shimano's on there with the Sram 200 rotors? I know it can be fettled with some spacing washers but wondering if anyone has done it successfully with the original mounts and rotors?

Last edited:

Thedoctor

Oct 10, 2018
UK
As per title really - Shimano go 203 rather than 200 but wondering if anyone has got Shimano's on there with the Sram 200 rotors? I know it can be fettled with some spacing washers but wondering if anyone has done it successfully with the original mounts and rotors?
I’ve done it on a 17 levo with with some Shimano Saints. Works a treat. Not sure if you can on a 19 though.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have four pot XT,s on sram rotors

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
One thing I forgot to ask - presuming the 2 bolt magnet thingy is not specific to any brand and can be swapped between any six bolt discs?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I had a problem with novatec hubs end caps a re a little bit proud of the shimano disc, i had to space the magnet out with a couple of washers it was jammimg the end cap from turning

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Sorry - one more follow up Q! :)

Do Shimano current calipers (Zee, Saint, SLC, XT) mount straight onto the same factory Levo mounts too? Presuming the same SRAM 200mm rotors kept?

And if you fit 203 (Shimano) rotors?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
If you keep the sram rotors yes if you use 203 rotors you either need shimano mounts or space the calipers with washers

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs

Yeah I've put the new Deore 4 pots on with SPAM rotors.. no issues.

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
Trimming shouldn't be a problem, wouldn't it?

Shimano hoses are piece of pi*s to trim.

Remove from lever
Trim amount off you want
Insert new barb
Slide the thread on
Slide the brass bush on
Stick back in and tighten

Unlike the sram utter complete faffery, the Shimano are a breeze to do.

silverstone

May 20, 2019
Switzerland
Received my new shimano brakes, and they do not fir correctly on the standard mounts. The brakes are around 5mm too far away from the sram disc!
You need a new adapter, which is around 5mm less in height as the original one, otherwise your braking pads dont fit the right place on the brake discs...
Could help me temporarly by removing some of the spacers.
Dont forget to order new shorter bolts, IF you are going to swap the adapters!

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
Received my new shimano brakes, and they do not fir correctly on the standard mounts. The brakes are around 5mm too far away from the sram disc!
You need a new adapter, which is around 5mm less in height as the original one, otherwise your braking pads dont fit the right place on the brake discs...
Could help me temporarly by removing some of the spacers.
Dont forget to order new shorter bolts, IF you are going to swap the adapters!

What calipers did you get!!?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles