Anyone heard of Torx T40 Plus ?

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
I noticed about 12 months ago about these plus drive torx then realised that was what bosch were using
I will be honest thou before that i thought they were ribe drives which i found was a better fit than standard torx and couldnt find anything better at the time
Now i have a set of plus torx bits £14 for the box and they contain 5 sided ones too that fit the motor bracket plates too so a bonus .

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I just tightened the bolts, because apparently the LBS wasn't able to do it right.
Looked like Torx, grabbed a t45, didn't fit. Grabbed a t40, it worked, but it felt like I needed a "t42"
Now I know tp40 exists.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
There is a big difference between the fitment of a torx 40 and a T40 plus.
While you can use a T40 on a T40p, the chances of rounding the head out are much higher.

You can get one here for a fiver, it's a worthwhile investment IMO.

T40P

Also, a Torx 40 plus security bit (the one with the hole in the centre) will not fit a T40P, as they have 5 lobes and not 6.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I've taken my motor out a few times with a straight T40 but it definitely feels scary loose & I've trod very carefully. Time to buy the right tool I reckon.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I’m not a ebike repair shop but I’m not a first time mechanic either …anymore. We’ve probably collected the necessary tools based on our wallet, skills, wants, needs and size of our bike cave (wherever that might be?)

Over the years I started servicing my bike with a cleaning rag and a shower hose. Now I can drop a motor and do some minor maintenance to it. I try to stay in my lane but sometimes I wander…only to find that I don’t have the right tool. Most of the time I get the right tool.

These forums are a good source of info and advice. And so is YouTube …sometimes. If it gets above my pay grade I can always go to the LBS or send/rely on @Bearing Man.

Knowledge is always a good tool …but sometimes I misplace that too. 🤷‍♂️

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
But I remembered enough to Google it

1721652595436.png

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
And you put the small set in a "Safe Place" of course ... 😉
Yeah…never to be seen again.

I’ve been scrambling around this morning trying to get ready for our Okanagan holiday (you know …extra underwear and water bottles etc.)

But were on earth did I put the keys (2) for the bike rack locks (3). After a1/2 hour of searching …I got em …they were in a “safe place”. 🤦‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles