Anyone else treat their Emtb like trash?

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
If its worth reselling, you have ridden it hard enough...thrash and destroy ✊?
That very much depends what you ride but I have yet to meet anyone who can afford to simply throw the cost of a mid to top end valued e-bike away every 9 months, I got a top price for my Levo Expert and Pivot Shuttle last month purely because, although ridden hard, the Pivot with 6500 miles on it, I had looked after them, each to their own I suppose.

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
That very much depends what you ride but I have yet to meet anyone who can afford to simply throw the cost of a mid to top end valued e-bike away every 9 months, I got a top price for my Levo Expert and Pivot Shuttle last month purely because, although ridden hard, the Pivot with 6500 miles on it, I had looked after them, each to their own I suppose.
Exactly why I bought a Vitus Esommet, blows most of the overpriced competition away with a solid frame, motor and geometry...I say this as I've ridden many brands of ebike and very few are as good as the vitus, I liked some of the Haibike stuff but too expensive....so many out there are becoming ebike posers. If you smash it within the 9 months then you'll get a new one under warranty...

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I've had mine 15 months now and done over 6300kms. I honestly don't see myself selling it and will ride it into the ground. Hopefully when the motor blows out of warranty shimano will allow us to buy a replacement. Looks super easy to replace.

I bought it as a demo with 100kms on it so wasn't as emotionally invested in it like I would have been if I bought it new. I'd love to replace it every 12 months but at current costs it's just not feasible, also Australia doesn't have the 2nd market you have in Europe. Even with the built in battery, I think the look of the bike is still good even with half the paint missing ?

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Not exactly treating as trash, but it’s faster and burlier, and moves in rougher terrain than analogs, so gets more dings.

I have a matte black Levo Comp though so I have bought a “chemical” used on weapons to touch up the alloy and magically blacken it again. Useful on any dark alloy parts I guess.

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
Mine is starting to get a bit beaten up. But in winter it’ll get new parts.

The bits the pedals attach to will get replaced. New brakes. New grips with end caps. New brakes. That plus a polish it’ll look great. New tyres too. They get a lot of abuse so will get dinged up a lot.

Had a go on my mates normal bike today and can’t see me doing to same trails on one of them. Felt like a bang bike.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
The bits the pedals attach to will get replaced.

Which bit is that? Would it be this bit? :unsure:

1596980351948.png

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
Not me. It is a nice looking bike in that matte black. I will keep getting nicks and scratches I am sure, but I'll still wash it and lube the chain and keep it clean. It has been a dry and dusty summer so I almost have to wash and lube it or the cassette big cogs start to squeak and that drives me mad. It is totally caked with dust after each ride so I gently wash it every 2-3.

Hightower

Sep 7, 2018
Mars
I lube my chain and that is about it. Rarely wash the my S-works Levo and Kenovo. I typically crash hard about 1 every 3 rides and, as such, the frames/cranks/fork lowers are pretty scratched up. I also let me my friends ride my e-bikes and they crash the shit out of them as they try to keep up with me in the gnarly stuff. Meh, they're just bikes.

Funny thing is, many years ago I used to keep my bikes so clean you could eat off of them. Wash and lube after every ride, would get bummed by the smallest paint chip, etc. But, I guess with age (and more money) I just don't care. I've got thousands of parts in my garage I could sell on Craigs or eBay (carbon fiber cranks, wheelsets, etc.) but, meh, just not worth my time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles