Another T-Type Question

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Has anyone went with the manual settings instead of the bike specific settings when setting up your transmission? I‘ve had my XO setup on my Levo for about 10 months now but have never been really happy with the way it shifts and the noise. I was chatting with a mechanic at one of the local bike shops and he said they no longer use the bike specific setup guide, they use the manual guide and have had way better results.

The bike specific for my setup says 118 links and position B, the manual setup guide says position A with 120 links. I’ve ordered another chain to give it a go but was wondering if anyone else has tried it.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you say what bike this is on, others with the same bike can say what their chain length and B tension ( A or B) setting is for comparison.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
It’s a Spesh gen 3 Levo Pro. The bike specific setup says position B and 118 links for a 36t chainring.

The manual set up based on chainstay length says position A with a 120 links for a 36t chainring.

I just want it to shift better, it’s perfect in the middle of the cassette but it gets jumpy and noisy when you go up or down. The smallest cog is the worst so I’ve just been avoiding it.

FWIW I have the transmission on 3 other bikes, the Levo is the only one that doesn’t seem to get along with it. It’s also the only bike that doesn’t have a 55mm chainline.

Last edited:

Mike O

Jan 27, 2024
Arkansas
I don't have any constructive help for you, but out of curiosity, what was the part number of the kit you installed? Trying to resolve similar issues myself. I'm fairly convinced mine is a set-up issue from the LBS as I've ridden SRAM transmission on Levo's that were "perfection".

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
I don't have any constructive help for you, but out of curiosity, what was the part number of the kit you installed? Trying to resolve similar issues myself. I'm fairly convinced mine is a set-up issue from the LBS as I've ridden SRAM transmission on Levo's that were "perfection".
I don’t remember the part number but it was the e-bike kit with the 104bcd chainring. I haven’t been able to ride so I’ve been tinkering with the bike to pass time, I’ve noticed now that if I torque my axle to 15nm the rear wheel won’t turn at all. I’ve never really used a torque wrench on my axle before just snugged it up. I wanted to eliminate that as a possibility so I torqued it and it won’t move🤣😂

Mike O

Jan 27, 2024
Arkansas
I don’t remember the part number but it was the e-bike kit with the 104bcd chainring. I haven’t been able to ride so I’ve been tinkering with the bike to pass time, I’ve noticed now that if I torque my axle to 15nm the rear wheel won’t turn at all. I’ve never really used a torque wrench on my axle before just snugged it up. I wanted to eliminate that as a possibility so I torqued it and it won’t move🤣😂
Did this kit use your cranks/spider?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles