Levo Gen 2 An Old Git's Thoughts - Part 2 - Baby Steps & How should I spend my money next ?

EME

MUPPET
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
@Spruce It isnt happening. I let a 'friend' try it and he squashed it so I now have a Turbo Levo.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
I don't buy that, as that is exactly what I have been doing. Cllearly the mechanism has got worse over a very short period of time and is now sticking down. Other brands seem to recommend removing to maintain (so Google tells me ). Im obviously using lubricating as opposed to penetrating oil and seriously question whether its helping. Dust and grime is a lot better at getting in there imho ( Im not an engineer).
Sorry to hear that, maybe you have a faulty post, mines not been out of the bike once in 1500 miles through a record dusty summer and a really wet autumn, caked in mud every ride.

EME

MUPPET
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
@Konanige A week later, its driving me mad not lifting the last 5cm usually but occasionally will come up. No burrs or distortion I can see nor measure. Love the bike but not this dropper post. I'm at 1900km ( 1200-ish miles) so really shouldn't be any issues but the LBS can only do what I've done in this instance and they cant win.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
@Konanige A week later, its driving me mad not lifting the last 5cm usually but occasionally will come up. No burrs or distortion I can see nor measure. Love the bike but not this dropper post. I'm at 1900km ( 1200-ish miles) so really shouldn't be any issues but the LBS can only do what I've done in this instance and they cant win.
Yeah, sounds faulty to me, will your LBS not just replace the whole thing under warranty for you? Maybe give Spesh Rider Care a nudge and see what they say!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles