Also New Bike Day :-). 2024 Crestline RS180

Sanguinaire

Subscriber
May 7, 2024
Dunedin, NZ
Got the full build kit. Troydon was super patient and helpful. One really nice surprise was that it came with the new 2025 Grip X2 fork and Float X2 shock.

I just finished the ridewrap and build yesterday. And this morning set up the suspension. Hoping to get our for a ride today or tomorrow.

I moved a couple of things over from my old Levo: OneUp Carbon e-bar and i9 Hydra/Stans Flow EXT wheels.

I changed the tyres to Kryptotal Super Soft, DH casing front and rear. But might change to the Butcher T9 up front.

Have a few bits and pieces in the mail, rotor for i9 front wheel, front fender (it's winter and very wet here) and some Mallet pedals to try (have been on flats for ever, time for a change?)

rs180.jpeg

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Got the full build kit. Troydon was super patient and helpful. One really nice surprise was that it came with the new 2025 Grip X2 fork and Float X2 shock.

I just finished the ridewrap and build yesterday. And this morning set up the suspension. Hoping to get our for a ride today or tomorrow.

I moved a couple of things over from my old Levo: OneUp Carbon e-bar and i9 Hydra/Stans Flow EXT wheels.

I changed the tyres to Kryptotal Super Soft, DH casing front and rear. But might change to the Butcher T9 up front.

Have a few bits and pieces in the mail, rotor for i9 front wheel, front fender (it's winter and very wet here) and some Mallet pedals to try (have been on flats for ever, time for a change?)

View attachment 140036
What brakes did you end up running?

Sanguinaire

Subscriber
May 7, 2024
Dunedin, NZ
Yes, it's a Citroen DS23 - 1974

I have the Hayes Dominions on there. I will try them for a while. I have just put Hope Tech4 V4s on my Levo, so I may swap them out.

Went for my first ride yesterday. Just a short one. Really loving the bike! Buying sight unseen is always a bit of a gamble but I am really stoked with it. I was really suprised at how quiet the bike is - that's awesome. It's feels just as agile as my 2019 Levo even though it's quite a bit slacker and longer - yay! And it feels more poppy and playful while also being super stable.

Kept me out of trouble yesterday as well. Came over a small jump on a downhill only track to find an old guy bending down with 3 dogs on the track just past the landing. Couldn't see him till I was on the jump itself. Bike landed super nicely and I was able to easily brake before getting too close. Scared the shit out of him though!

The gears aren't shifting great - need to work on the microtune I think. It skips the 6th cog on the way up (in 5th cog, click down , nothing. click again, straight to 7th. Click up and I get 6th). Not completely sold on AXS Transmission yet.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Very cool, the car and bike. And glad you were able to avoid the hiker/dog walker. Where some hikers decide to stop on the trail just blows my mind sometimes. Just totally clueless to their surroundings and potential hazards from bikes on a DH.

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Yes, it's a Citroen DS23 - 1974

I have the Hayes Dominions on there. I will try them for a while. I have just put Hope Tech4 V4s on my Levo, so I may swap them out.

Went for my first ride yesterday. Just a short one. Really loving the bike! Buying sight unseen is always a bit of a gamble but I am really stoked with it. I was really suprised at how quiet the bike is - that's awesome. It's feels just as agile as my 2019 Levo even though it's quite a bit slacker and longer - yay! And it feels more poppy and playful while also being super stable.

Kept me out of trouble yesterday as well. Came over a small jump on a downhill only track to find an old guy bending down with 3 dogs on the track just past the landing. Couldn't see him till I was on the jump itself. Bike landed super nicely and I was able to easily brake before getting too close. Scared the shit out of him though!

The gears aren't shifting great - need to work on the microtune I think. It skips the 6th cog on the way up (in 5th cog, click down , nothing. click again, straight to 7th. Click up and I get 6th). Not completely sold on AXS Transmission yet.
Microtune was a game changer on the XX1 AXS derailleur I run on my Blur. It did take some fiddling but I also ran extra large pulley wheels. Hopefully, it goes about like the last AXS and just requires a bit of tuning and isn't a giant trainwreck...then again I am marrying it (XO Transmission) to an e13 chainring/cranks so there's plenty of room for problems...are you guys running a pure SRAM drivetrain?

Robstyle

Nov 17, 2021
New Zealand
Transmission is a real fussy barstard I found, nice when it's working well.
It seems crazy to me you can't individually tune gears too, someone from sram told me why that was but I'd had too many beers to remember now 😅
I've had mine move under super heavy compressions, just need to reset it all and it's good again.

Sanguinaire

Subscriber
May 7, 2024
Dunedin, NZ
Had a play with the microtune again yesterday seem to have got it pretty good. Out for my second ride and had a ton of fun!

My KS Lev circuit keeps unpairing the remote. Will have to work out what is going on. I was having to reach behind me to the button on the top of the seat post to activate the post. Must have looked hilarious, like I had a really itchy ass!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles