Airtag on bike

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
I just use the Tiles for keys and luggage.

I think they had their say at US Congress and raised antitrust concerns, but Tile have since been sold off to another company (with a bad rep for selling off location data), and Apple opened up access to their UWB tech so don't think it went any further.

Any iPhones in your family? If I got one, I'd use the wife's phone to enable it. She would then have an easier way to find out where I've got to on a ride (already has LiveTrack), plus tracking if the bike went missing.

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Tip: some airtag users since they are cheap at $25 each will use like an underwater bottle holder for one and then bury the other one inside the frame. While they are hacking away at the first obvious one the 2nd one is still sending out the bikes location. The Youtube or thread I read this in also mentioned some parents use two with their child's back pack book bag. One hanging and another one sewn into the lining. But I don't think constantly exposing a young childs developing brain with blutooth radiation will be good long term. I doubt that 3rd eye they might develop will make them read any faster 🤣

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Would be interesting to repeat the experiment but wit the tag hidden within the bike somehow, e.g in battery compartment or seat tube, and see how this effects the reception - pretty sure any thief worth their salt is going to check under the saddle immediately
Samsung version works OK 💈

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Tip: some airtag users since they are cheap at $25 each will use like an underwater bottle holder for one and then bury the other one inside the frame. While they are hacking away at the first obvious one the 2nd one is still sending out the bikes location. The Youtube or thread I read this in also mentioned some parents use two with their child's back pack book bag. One hanging and another one sewn into the lining. But I don't think constantly exposing a young childs developing brain with blutooth radiation will be good long term. I doubt that 3rd eye they might develop will make them read any faster 🤣
You don't actually need two tags... just the empty holder out in the open:)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles