Kenevo Gen1 Advice on mullet setup on 2020 kenevo

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
I un-mulleted mine again yesterday. For no particular reason than I was doing a lower boxxer service so thought I would refit the 27.5 lowers. Also upped the travel from 180 to 190.
I had intended to do back to back bikepark visits for a comparison. 29 yesterday and 27.5 today but unfortunately overnight rain made the conditions less than ideal so it wasn't a great comparison.
Still it rode great, super plush after a service. 😊
It's the low speed instability / steering flop in mullet mode I was interested in testing. I'm sure this is down to the 56mm offset on the 29 boxxers though.
May be an image of nature

I have a Zeb and a 29er .
Took a few rides to learn how to balance better at low speeds . I prefer the mullet set up now .

Trails manoeuvres felt a bit floppy at low speeds . Grew used to it . Pedal strikes were always a worry in 27.5 mode . Now plain sailing . Not too much of a trade off for me .

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Just put my 29 inch Fox 38 180mm fork on the front of my new to me 2020 Kenevo comp (27.5 Marzocchi Z1 180mm) to mullet it but wondered if the advice is still to run the flip chip in high rather than low to keep geometry closet to original?

Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles