Levo Gen 2 80% battery limit-toggle missing in app

seveneleven

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
Hi,
today, I wanted to charge my battery to 100% instead of 80% as I want ot drive a longer trip. I have activated the limit in the app but today, I can't find this limit-toggle in the app anymore. Was it removed these days from the app with an update?
And how is my bike reacting to this? Does it charge in future always (except for the 10th loading) only to 80%? This would be really an issue for me.

Last edited:

Damon Hart

Nov 4, 2019
Brighton
Mine is greyed out.
Android phone
App ver 1.26.0
1000058131.png

Last edited:

Liebie

Jan 25, 2021
Cirencester
I've spent the last day trying to find out how to resolve this. On one hand relieved to find it's not just me on the other can't believe Specialized have done this without any way of getting back to 100%.

Big trip today potentially F'ed by specialized.

Damon Hart

Nov 4, 2019
Brighton
My first charge when this happened went to 80%.
Went out for a ride battery about 45% when I got home.
Charged the bike again. This time it went to 100%
Been charging to 100% ever since.
In my screen shot you see it greyed out so it's at least charging to what it should do

Timeoutotour

Aug 10, 2024
North Wales UK
Call me cynical but I wonder if this 80% charging option is Specialized finally accepting what I (after two battery failures)have long suspected, namely that their batteries are flawed and not fit for purpose ?

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Why do people assume it being greyed out means the bike battery will only ever charge to 80%?

My take is that you can no longer specify charging to stop at 80% automatically.

The next time you charge your bike it should go to 100%.

Liebie

Jan 25, 2021
Cirencester
I have been in touch with Specialized tech team. They are aware of the issue and have been working the App since Thursday. They say there should be an updated App very soon.

In the meantime they say there is no way to force a full charge without the App. I have 2 bikes and one has reverted to full charge on its own however the second has not. Luck of the draw I guess.

Frenchy_Eric

Apr 5, 2020
France
I have been in touch with Specialized tech team. They are aware of the issue and have been working the App since Thursday. They say there should be an updated App very soon.

In the meantime they say there is no way to force a full charge without the App. I have 2 bikes and one has reverted to full charge on its own however the second has not. Luck of the draw I guess.
Thanks. Happy to read that Speciallized is working on a fix.

seveneleven

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
I read in another forum, that there was an firmware update in January 2024 and only those bikes without this update (= my bike) struggle with the App/do not have the 80% limit button anymore. Can anyone confirm, that he has made a firmware upgrade in spring and still have the possibility in the app to reduce to 80%?

Ponzy

Aug 18, 2024
Somerset UK
I took mine into lbs for this reason, it just needed an update and sorted it, charge limit appeared again when I opened the app. Even said on the workshop laptop that it will re appear once updated. Bit cheeky of Specialized to basically blackmail us into updating.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Yes, the button can be found in the app, but it just doesn't work. Always tries to fully charge.

I read on another forum that it would not work if the battery capacity is not less than 35%.
However, I have not tested whether the rumor is true.

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
The update seems to have a bug on mine when I click on view all date I get only an error message

IMG_7246.png IMG_7247.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles