4K E mountain bike

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Your telling me there isn’t many e bikes available for £4000 ?

There isn't many e bikes available at any price point. So going to be super hard finding more competitively priced ones.

Sorry to say but at £4K with price hikes your options will be limited. Are you after full suspension?

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Feeling a bit disappointed in the answers but a little bit more info is needed.

Do you want/need full suspension?
What sort of terrain are you planning on using it? Any intention to do jumps or drops or really rough terrain?
Do you need to be able to do a lot of elevation or long rides (needing a larger battery)

There are a few eMTB's that fall under or very close to £4000. Obviously as mentioned stock availability is a big issue but that's another problem.

For full suspension The 500wh battery trek rail 5 used to be under £4k but now is around £4300. The cube Stereo 140 HPC £4,199, The decathlon stilus is due a replacement. The short version is that if you wanted full suspension you may need to really dig around or be willing to just save/spend that little bit more.

"Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC Race 625 27.5 Inch 2021 Electric MTB" soon (who knows what that means)

All the full suspension bikes in this sort of bracket do have fairly basic front forks but that's always something can be be improved as time goes on if you feel the need to.

Last edited:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Feeling a bit disappointed in the answers but a little bit more info is needed.

Do you want/need full suspension?
What sort of terrain are you planning on using it? Any intention to do jumps or drops or really rough terrain?
Do you need to be able to do a lot of elevation or long rides (needing a larger battery)

There are a few eMTB's that fall under or very close to £4000. Obviously as mentioned stock availability is a big issue but that's another problem.

True that ☝?

Plus if you want a M or L size everywhere is sold out....

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
There were a few bikes posted for sale here earlier that looked like great value. Have a look in the for sale section.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Commencal have thier older model meta race on offer for about that sort of money , it’s a top spec bike , with the reliable e8000 shimano motor . You won’t better this bike for the money , or there’s the next model down at 3999 euro also in 27.5 if you prefer

pedrod355

Jan 24, 2021
UK
Think will go with this bike as have the trials motorbike and quality of that is good.

5881B11D-A1BB-47B6-83D2-E1F403D8D33A.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There are good EMTB'S for 4k they are just going to have fairly entry level decent components on them, the key is to buy something that has the ability to be easily upgraded over time. Being a bike forum inevitably a lot of us on here think that something isn't good unless it has all the latest and greatest parts draped over it, but the reality is that the majority of components are very good now, and the key to a good EMTB is the basic frame, geometry and motor/battery package - it doesn't matter what parts the bike has on it if that isn't right.

The TRS you have posted is a good example - its a Focus Jam2 9.7 that has been rebranded, which is a good bike, with decent components, that can be upgraded over time if you see the need.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
There are good EMTB'S for 4k they are just going to have fairly entry level decent components on them, the key is to buy something that has the ability to be easily upgraded over time. Being a bike forum inevitably a lot of us on here think that something isn't good unless it has all the latest and greatest parts draped over it, but the reality is that the majority of components are very good now, and the key to a good EMTB is the basic frame, geometry and motor/battery package - it doesn't matter what parts the bike has on it if that isn't right.

The TRS you have posted is a good example - its a Focus Jam2 9.7 that has been rebranded, which is a good bike, with decent components, that can be upgraded over time if you see the need.
I think your right there if you’ve got the decent frame and motor it’s something you can build on providing it has the latest motor and and battery , As good a value and high spec the commencal meta is the motor has been superseded by some better performing units and batteries now . However if the cheaper bike means it has the lower power motor and battery the commencal with e8000 is still unbeatable

pedrod355

Jan 24, 2021
UK
Purchased the bike “ jam2 6.7plus”

Why doesn’t the bike come with a specific manual for the bike instead of a general poorly illustrated manual!!

Looking for some advice,

How does the seat height adjustment work, seems one part of seat tube is spring loaded?

What does the lever under left hand grip do?

pedrod355

Jan 24, 2021
UK
makes the seat go up.

push and hold that lever, sit on seat, and seat goes down. push lever when seat is down and no weight on seat, and seat comes up
Excellent thanks very much!

Is it possible to raise handle bars up also?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Excellent thanks very much!

Is it possible to raise handle bars up also?
not at the push of a button like the seat, but if the fork steerer tube is long enough, you can unbolt the stem, remove whatever spacers are above it, slide the stem off, thenput the spacers below the stem, then put the stem back on and tighten it back up. Alternatively if there is not enough space on the steerer tube to raise the stem, you can buy new handlebars with more rise.

Msawyer110

Mar 30, 2021
Wylie,Tx
If you had 4K what e bike would you get or recommend?

I think Yamaha is getting extremely competitive at this point. I just picked up a 2021 ydx-moro for 4650 OTD. I didn't have to pay tax cause I traded in a dirtbike with it. But for the specs, it is quite the contender. It's got the strong PW-X2 motor, crazy quiet. 160/150 Rockshocks revolution, magura Mt30 brakes 203mm rotors, 11 speed Shimano SLX. I have riden my buddy's Haibike 6.0 with the Bosch gen 2 motor. Mine is probably 200-300% more quiet, and the power delivery is much much smoother. Take a look at them!

20210320_192026.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles