2024 X2 settings

Mlegere1

Aug 22, 2022
California
recently picked up a yeti 160e and it has a 2024 X2. Been trying to setup the shock but for some reason I just can’t get it to feel right this time. I’ve used foxs and yeti’s shock setup but it still feels a bit harsh and chattery. I mainly ride steep chunky downhill, if you’re familiar with laguna beach, CA this is where I ride. I weigh about 200lbs. I like the bike to feel plush and feel like it just eats up the chunk. I used to ride a yt decoy on the same trails and had it feeling pretty good.

Just looking for settings you might have for this bike or similar bikes that feel that way so I can try them. Thank you

Oakhills

Jul 27, 2022
Oakland, California
I have a different bike than you, weigh about the same. Here are the recommended settings for my bike vs what I ended up with. Also, I have 3 volume spacers in and run 12 psi less than what is recommended for my weight…clicks from closed (clockwise). Also, the 2024 factory X2

X2 Factory Recommended
@285 psi
LSR - 2
HSR - 1
LSC - 11
HSC - 5

X2 Factory MySettings
@283 psi
3 volume reducers
LSR - 10
HSR - 4
LSC - 12
HSC - 7

good luck, they can be tricky to set up!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I'm familiar with Laguna... except a few of the "big dog" runs that are too far above my skill level. You can have those. I tip the scales at 200 without gear, and am currently running the 2024 Factory X2, but on a different bike. The first attached table was from the first day I rode the bike with the factory recommend settings. The second table is how the shock is set up today. As you can see, I sped up the rebound a little, and the compression a little more. I'm running a little higher pressure (less sag). This allows the bike to ride higher in its travel, and allows for a plusher feel, especially through small stutters.

I'm very pleased with the way my suspension is running. However, it only feels great when I'm riding like I mean it. If I'm just lollygagging along, It's not as great.

1724477785755.png

1724477805122.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles