Levo Gen 3 2023 Levo Comp Carbon rock guard

Greeno

Jul 6, 2024
San Diego, Cal
Just picked up this bike a couple of months ago and on more than one occasion I ended up scraping the bottom/motor area over rocks or stumps depending on the trail I was riding.

So I started looking at an aftermarket rock guard so I didn't end up destroying the "plastic portion around the battery/motor area.
Come to find out there are a few out there but I'm not gonna drop $100 to get it sent to my door here in the US so...

Started off making a cardboard template, then a thin sheet metal outline complete with bends where I needed them.
IMG_0461.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

After I figured out the final shape I had some 1/8" galvanized steel sitting around so I did some bending and this is what I came up with.

As far as securing it to the bike I decided to drill and tap into the plastic battery guard (4) two top and bottom ends and then tap some threads 1/4-28 into the center of the existing battery mount bolt to bolt a 5mm allen head bolt to hold it all in place.
IMG_0468.jpeg

IMG_0462.jpeg

IMG_0467.jpeg

Took about 3 hrs start to finish and so far it's worked out great.
Cost me less than $5 and helped clean out the garage to boot.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Nice but will you get quite a bit of dirt between the plastic and aluminum guards due to the big gap and then have to unscrew all the bolt to remove the dirt?

Greeno

Jul 6, 2024
San Diego, Cal
The steel plate is pretty tight to the existing cover with a very small gap in a couple of places which I just blow out with air.
Here in San Diego Cal. We don’t get a lot of rain so mostly dry conditions for the most part.
Occasional stream crossings but that probably helps keep it clean too.
I have had it on for about a month and looking at the scratches on it seems to be doing it’s job.
Just looked at it and no dirt or crud in back of the plate.
Takes all of two minutes to remove if I need to remove the battery for whatever reason but mostly it will stay in place.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles