2020 Turbo levo "drop down" lever tears the skin from my thumb

Jul 27, 2020
Zionsville, In
I have my levers positioned exactly as I want them - I will not move them. The drop down seat lever tears into my thumb. Does anyone make an extension to move the lever in towards the center of the bike. Other options..thanks.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Can you clarify "tears into my thumb"? Do you mean when you operate the lever? Or is the lever rubbing on your knuckle while you are gripping the bars?

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
What about running the dropper lever clamp inboard of your brake lever instead? Do your brakes support SRAM MMX? If so that might be an option - although you'd need a different lever. I'm a big fan of the PNW Loam which gives you horizontal adjustment as well as reach.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Can you post a picture of your set up - we can then offer a solution, as how the dropper lever is clamped will dictate the options, which may include alternative levers you could look at

cozzy

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Assume sram. They are uncomfortable by default, how people can ride with the dropper and gear shifter encroaching on grip space I don't know.
If I'm unlucky enough to have sram brakes I swap the adaptors left to right so the shifter and dropper levers attach inboard to the brake rather than outboard.

Jul 27, 2020
Zionsville, In
Based on pure logic, I spoke directly with the number one Turbo Levo rider in America (Mr. Mullins). He also understood the basis of logic and it made total since relative to my comment. Admittedly, I should have said only 2020 Turbo Levo owners respond - sorry my bad seriously and it will not happen again. All is good and thanks for your comment.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Pure logic would be to post up a picture of the set up and let us try and help!

Anyway glad you go it sorted, the bike has nothing to do with the dropper remote though, thats all about the brake/lever combo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles