2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
@06z quote direct from the Pivot site https://www.pivotcycles.com/en/bike-shuttle-2:

Why doesn’t the Shuttle come with the eMTB specific Fox 36 fork?

Because all Fox 36 forks are class 1 and 2 eMTB rated passing all tests, strength requirements and comes with a full warranty. The eMTB specific 36 fork is rated for Class 3 or Speed Pedalec eBIKES and it simply doesn’t offer the same level of performance as it’s standard counterpart. The standard 36 used on the Shuttle is not only lighter but also comes with a larger, higher volume damper cartridge for better performance and durability. Because of the eMTB specific model’s thicker stanchions (upper fork tubes), only a smaller 34 model damper cartridge can fit inside.

brash

Jul 19, 2019
Aus
Also keep in mind that only the 36Factory e specific has the latest GRIP2 damper whilst the 36performance especific has the GRIP (from 2015) not even a fit4.

Only the manufacturer can request a performance Elite e specific with GRIP2. like in the case of YT Decoy

It’s fit-grip on the new performance series.
Completely different damper to the old grip and IMO Better than fit4 and way less maintenance.

I have the grip2 36’s on my Merida which are Ebike editions. . I also have a set on my stumpjumper Evo. There is little to no difference in them at all to me. Weight and performance wise.

NSFRACING28

Dec 26, 2018
BURLEIGH HEADS
If what NSFRACING28 said is true, I would expect to get a E-bike specific fork that is designed for a e-bike. The additional forces from the additional weight is to be taken seriously when bombing down a hill especially when the fork manufacturer states it as in the post above (Mitch1808). Also which of the 2020 Levo's that have a Fox 36 come with a Grip 2. To me this also matters as to get the best performance out of the Fox, either Grip 2 E-Bike spec 36 or I wouldn't buy because how much $$$$.$$ Levo's are. I sure hope Specialized aren't pulling the wool over their customers eyes with this marketing ploy.
To be honest, I thought the same until I spoke with their technical department. Their reasons for not using, what is in effect a lesser performing fork on the basis of extra weight is sound. It may not apply to all makes, which may be much heavier, but I was satisfied with their explanation and they stood by their test results by confirming in writing.

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
Which would i be better with, 92kg rider, not a pro by any means, 19 levo base
160mm Fox36 ebike or Fox36 non ebike?

I can only assume the non ebike with the larger 36mm air spring functions better than the 34mm air spring. Trade off being the legs are more flexible without having the thicker stanchions.

NSFRACING28

Dec 26, 2018
BURLEIGH HEADS
Which would i be better with, 92kg rider, not a pro by any means, 19 levo base
160mm Fox36 ebike or Fox36 non ebike?

I can only assume the non ebike with the larger 36mm air spring functions better than the 34mm air spring. Trade off being the legs are more flexible without having the thicker stanchions.
As above, if Specialized themselves don’t feel it’s necessary, then why would you want to? I am 105Kg fully kitted. My 2019 S-works came with the non e-bike specific forks and I’ve changed them out for 160 (with 46 offset) non e-bike specific forks after advice from Specialized themselves. I can’t feel any flex. I put the 150s on my sons base Levo.
0EFC22E0-9F85-4E28-B532-8493EB7CF318.jpeg

Tom C

Jul 23, 2019
AZ
I test road the 2019 Levo and am sold. Just going to wait for the 2020 model to drop. Anyone have any information on the Levo base or comp model colors?

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Take this as you will: a riding buddy has a friend who works at Spesh, he was told the Levo platform as we know it will continue at least another 2 years.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
This seems outstanding just found the same model in the UK for £6150.
I like the look but in Canada i could only use it 7 months so the components are irrelevent. With our taxes it would be allmost 10,000$ and impossible to resell anything close to a decent amount. How much do you think you will be able to get for it in 12 months? 24 months?

Wake720

Jul 19, 2019
Vernon BC
Local dealer in the Okanagan Valley in Canada said he heard 3kg shaved off batt and motor for 2020. I asked Kenevo-he said Levo. Seems like a lot! Anyone else heard this?

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Local dealer in the Okanagan Valley in Canada said he heard 3kg shaved off batt and motor for 2020. I asked Kenevo-he said Levo. Seems like a lot! Anyone else heard this?
It looks like a typo. More like .3 That was their last year cool-aid, lighter.
The next cool-aid is bigger battery, heavier, more expensive.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I like the look but in Canada i could only use it 7 months so the components are irrelevent. With our taxes it would be allmost 10,000$ and impossible to resell anything close to a decent amount. How much do you think you will be able to get for it in 12 months? 24 months?

Why are the components irrelevant when you only use the bike for 7 months of the year?

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Why are the components irrelevant when you only use the bike for 7 months of the year?
I can write it in french, if you read i said cé ben trop cher, I like the look but in Canada i could only use it 7 months so the components are irrelevent. With our taxes it would be allmost 10,000$ and impossible to resell anything close to a decent amount. How much do you think you will be able to get for it in 12 months? 24 months? ,,,,, Answer that, how much money will be lost in 12 months? in 24 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles