2019 Levo Self Powering Up

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Hi all,

Before I take my bike back to see Chris on Monday (I'm sure he is closed on Sunday with it being Easter) I wondered if anyone has encountered a similar issue. I've just unplugged the bike (charger green) following a top up charge from about 80% since I was planning on going out tomorrow. I've been doing some once over checks on tires and chain lube etc and have noticed that the bike keeps turning on. You hear a beep and TCU does it's starting up sequence. I thought I had imagined it so I turned it off only for it to do it again after about 60 seconds or so. Next plan was to disconnect the plug at the bottom of the bike and reconnect, interestingly as soon as the cable was connected the bike powered up, almost like the power switch was stuck. I have previously had the power cable replaced when the bike wouldn't turn on but this is completely the opposite.

Any thoughts?

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Sounds like the power cable. Are the lights at the bottom coming on but not the TCU at the top?
The TCU is working as normal and the mode selector works too. It’s just that the bike keeps switching on. I timed it last night, at its worst it was staying off for 8 seconds before switching back on.

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Turns out Chris is open today. He knew exactly what was wrong. Apparently it had moisture in the TCU, most likely from washing the bike although it’s been a few weeks since I’ve needed to wash it and it’s only just shown up. Anyway as usual an exemplary service from Berkshire Cycles. Also bought some chain links to replace those I gave to someone on the trails at swinley. I love the look of surprise on people’s faces when you pull the chain tool and links out of the stem.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Turns out Chris is open today. He knew exactly what was wrong. Apparently it had moisture in the TCU, most likely from washing the bike although it’s been a few weeks since I’ve needed to wash it and it’s only just shown up. Anyway as usual an exemplary service from Berkshire Cycles. Also bought some chain links to replace those I gave to someone on the trails at swinley. I love the look of surprise on people’s faces when you pull the chain tool and links out of the stem.
So as a matter of fact the very exposed on/OFF switch is not waterproof?

Karsten

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Was it a case of a new TCU? Just wondering if this happens to anyone who can’t get to the dealer if it’s a fix at home or job or back to the shop? Thanks for the info tho.

I needed a new power lead last week as it wouldn’t power up..

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Was it a case of a new TCU? Just wondering if this happens to anyone who can’t get to the dealer if it’s a fix at home or job or back to the shop? Thanks for the info tho.

I needed a new power lead last week as it wouldn’t power up..
Nothing replaced, just taken out and cleaned up.

iTsCraig

Apr 23, 2019
jhb
I have experienced the same symptoms, and other red light related issues from the switch that does not seal 100%. I have since put a bead of waterproof glue on the inside of the switch and can say that even after washing the bike I no longer have the issues.

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Unfortunately our on a ride on Monday the bike suffered some more issues, mainly the motor shutting down and the TCU flashing red and blue. Typically when I took it back to the shop it was fine. Chris has kept the bike to make sure everything is as it should be and hopefully I’ll get it back soon.

A slight pain but it’s not the end of the world and I have no doubt that he will resolve the issue. Worst case scenario I have to go back to the non powered Trek Remedy for a ride or two.

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
M
Hi all,

Before I take my bike back to see Chris on Monday (I'm sure he is closed on Sunday with it being Easter) I wondered if anyone has encountered a similar issue. I've just unplugged the bike (charger green) following a top up charge from about 80% since I was planning on going out tomorrow. I've been doing some once over checks on tires and chain lube etc and have noticed that the bike keeps turning on. You hear a beep and TCU does it's starting up sequence. I thought I had imagined it so I turned it off only for it to do it again after about 60 seconds or so. Next plan was to disconnect the plug at the bottom of the bike and reconnect, interestingly as soon as the cable was connected the bike powered up, almost like the power switch was stuck. I have previously had the power cable replaced when the bike wouldn't turn on but this is completely the opposite.

Any thoughts?
My dog fetches his lead when it's time for a walk, maybe your bike wants to go for a ride and is dropping a little hint?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles