• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered 2019 Hardseven 1.0 Vs 2020 Rockrider E-ST 900?

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral
So I'm in the market for an eMtb, I've got my eye on the 2020 Decathlon Rockrider EST900 @£1700 (but it's currently out of stock). As I was window shopping, waiting for a stock update, I found the 2019 SDURO Hardseven 1.0 available online for £1400. Now I'm a complete Noob when it comes to eMtbs so I'd like to pick some brains... Are these two bikes comparable as far as parts/capability? Also, are there any significant differences between the 2020 Hardseven 1.0 and the 2019?

With the £300 saving what would be your upgrade recommendations for the SDURO, and would it be better than the EST900?

Thanks in advance!

Kev.

Last edited:

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Just had a very quick look at spec’s. Personally I’d be going for the Rockrider;
Better fork
Bigger battery
Better drive train
Not sure about wheels, but suspect they are better also

I should emphasise I have no personal experience, but I think you’ll find plenty of posts here about reliability of the Brose motor. Having said that, you’ll probably find plenty of posts about other motor reliability also, you decide.

If you haven’t seen this already, here’s a review with spec https://ebikechoices.com/rockrider-e-st-900-electric-mountain-bike-review/
Good luck!

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Depends on what type of riding. Plus, does the haibike come with dealer support and warranty.if so , I’d go with that and change the fork when it falls to bits. Let us know ??

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral
Just had a very quick look at spec’s. Personally I’d be going for the Rockrider;
Better fork
Bigger battery
Better drive train
Not sure about wheels, but suspect they are better also

I should emphasise I have no personal experience, but I think you’ll find plenty of posts here about reliability of the Brose motor. Having said that, you’ll probably find plenty of posts about other motor reliability also, you decide.

If you haven’t seen this already, here’s a review with spec https://ebikechoices.com/rockrider-e-st-900-electric-mountain-bike-review/
Good luck!

Thanks for the reply :) Yes I've seen that review but tbh, not knowing what equipment is crap/good/amazing makes most of the reviews just read like opinion pieces. That being said, I've not seen anything bad written about the Rockrider. ? It's just annoying that they're out of stock!

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral
Depends on what type of riding. Plus, does the haibike come with dealer support and warranty.if so , I’d go with that and change the fork when it falls to bits. Let us know ??

Well I'm hoping to get fit and enjoy the experience, so firepaths, a bit of off road, easy up/downhill stuff and regular path/beach rides.

I believe the Haibike comes with a dealer warranty- though it's a few hundred miles away!
So the forks on it are crap I take it?! ?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Well I'm hoping to get fit and enjoy the experience, so firepaths, a bit of off road, easy up/downhill stuff and regular path/beach rides.

I believe the Haibike comes with a dealer warranty- though it's a few hundred miles away!
So the forks on it are crap I take it?! ?
Not crap for the riding that you describe. But not great for anything more rugged. But easily upgradable if needed. Dealer support and warranty are big plusses as many threads on here will confirm

Reactions: Kme

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Thanks for the reply :) Yes I've seen that review but tbh, not knowing what equipment is crap/good/amazing makes most of the reviews just read like opinion pieces. That being said, I've not seen anything bad written about the Rockrider. ? It's just annoying that they're out of stock!
Here’s a link outlining Shimano group set hierarchy Guide To Shimano Road & MTB Groupsets | Rutland Cycling . you might find something similar for other Component manufactures.

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles