Levo Gen 2 2019 bike still good?

fzootb

Oct 9, 2020
Henley on Thames
Hi all. Newbie eMTB rider. Opportunity to buy a MY19 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon for a good price. Is this still a good bike? Mostly single trail and XC riding. Any advice welcome, thanks!

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Loving my '19 comp carbon too, bought in December, 1900 miles without any problems apart from a couple of punctures before fitting Tannus inserts. I had a the latest battery cable fitted foc at the free service, well worth checking its been done.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Motors. When I was looking into getting one I could not believe how many owners had to return their bikes with faulty motors. At my local trail centre alone there were a dozen or so over a 6 month period. Cynical perhaps but does that explain the 4 year warranty?

fzootb

Oct 9, 2020
Henley on Thames
Loving my '19 comp carbon too, bought in December, 1900 miles without any problems apart from a couple of punctures before fitting Tannus inserts. I had a the latest battery cable fitted foc at the free service, well worth checking its been done.
This is useful, thanks! Just had a service so what should I look for/ask for to check please?

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
This is useful, thanks! Just had a service so what should I look for/ask for to check please?

Apart from the motor issue which has resulted in the 4 year warranty, there were issues with the battery cable cracking at the plug, these are replaced under warranty (I asked for mine to be done even though there were no issues with the original), Have a look at this thread:

If you do some searching, you'll find lots of posts about motor issues too, but as has been said, Spesh extended the warranty to 4 years on the motor on '19 bikes.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Apart from info above the main weak point of the my19 Levo Comp is the Forks. They can however be massively improved by a lower leg service and at the same time installing the 2021 Debonair air spring. Getting the 160mm Debonair whilst you are at it is also worthwhile. The rest of the bike is fine.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Motors. When I was looking into getting one I could not believe how many owners had to return their bikes with faulty motors. At my local trail centre alone there were a dozen or so over a 6 month period. Cynical perhaps but does that explain the 4 year warranty?
Well, if you have 80% of the market you have 80% of the customer issues.
Two friends who bought the new Trek Rail with all new Bosch motors both blew the engine after just two hours of riding.
Re:2019 any good, the 2020 and 2021 are still the same bikes and still hold most of the emtb market. If you are after most bang for the buck there are better options than Specialized. I would say there are still issues getting one since they are selling out.

maynard

2019 is same as 2021 . If the motor was gonna pop it probably would of already. My 2019 is awesome. Has over 2000 de restricted turbo everywhere miles on it . I got my expert quite cheap 2nd hand before covid hit . I nearly bought a comp carbon new . I couldn't quite screw the shop any lower in price so bought the expert . The blue on those comp carbons is sick . Also if u want a carbon 2021 levo there like 14 grand . WTF. So yeah Buy it . U won't regret it .

fzootb

Oct 9, 2020
Henley on Thames
2019 is same as 2021 . If the motor was gonna pop it probably would of already. My 2019 is awesome. Has over 2000 de restricted turbo everywhere miles on it . I got my expert quite cheap 2nd hand before covid hit . I nearly bought a comp carbon new . I couldn't quite screw the shop any lower in price so bought the expert . The blue on those comp carbons is sick . Also if u want a carbon 2021 levo there like 14 grand . WTF. So yeah Buy it . U won't regret it .
This has helped me pull the trigger. Thanks pal

maynard

Yeh baby .

20200730_113604.jpg

fzootb

Oct 9, 2020
Henley on Thames
Not too exotic. Just a hill near my house . Great when you only got 30 mins or so spare for a quick turbo blast. I still haven't taken my bike up a serious mountain yet . Maybe during x mas break
Amazing. Just picked up my new to me 2019 comp carbon today. Stoked to ride it

fzootb

Oct 9, 2020
Henley on Thames
pics or it never happened.
Just been out in a British rainy evening and it’s complete head over heels love. What a motor. What a riding position. Definitely a case of better than sum of its parts. Have ridden bikes with fancier kit, but this is just the set up I’ve dreamed about. Full details coming soon!
Thanks again for everyone’s input. I’m so delighted @Rob Rides EMTB has set up such an amazing community. If anyone wants a Surrey hills ride soon, please hit me up - I’ll be blazing about the trails!

4906BF77-212C-4D30-AB3A-D22CA113F094.jpeg

fzootb

Oct 9, 2020
Henley on Thames
Congratulations, looks great and it's had a few tweeks too, nice one (y)
Thanks buddy! I'm really enjoying it! The previous owner was a true enthusiast, so I promised I'd give it justice. I see you're located in Nottingham. It's my home town! I hope you're keep safe - the news paints a rough picture right now. Hope you're riding well! Sherwood Pines is a personal favourite.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles