2018 Specialized Turbo Levo Expert - First Ride Review/Vlog

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
Awesome video and an amazing place to ride your bike for the first time. I hope Kit has recovered ok. I know it's a bit early. But would you recommend buying one Tori? I'm debating if i should buy a new road bike or replace my old clockwork MTb for one of these.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Awesome video and an amazing place to ride your bike for the first time. I hope Kit has recovered ok. I know it's a bit early. But would you recommend buying one Tori? I'm debating if i should buy a new road bike or replace my old clockwork MTb for one of these.
Yep, Kit is fine. She just had a bit of a sore head from the whack as she landed on it!

Would I recommend buying an E Mountain bike? I think my actions speak louder than words . . . the answer is absolutely - if you want to do longer rides, exploring a wider area and have a bit of help climbing, then an E Mountain bike is a bloody great piece of technology, and I wager way more fun than ....road biking ...... !

As I say to everyone; don't take my word for it - go for a ride on one, on some local trails or trails that you would enjoy riding, and see if that helps you make your mind up. (y)

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
Yep, Kit is fine. She just had a bit of a sore head from the whack as she landed on it!

Would I recommend buying an E Mountain bike? I think my actions speak louder than words . . . the answer is absolutely - if you want to do longer rides, exploring a wider area and have a bit of help climbing, then an E Mountain bike is a bloody great piece of technology, and I wager way more fun than ....road biking ...... !

As I say to everyone; don't take my word for it - go for a ride on one, on some local trails or trails that you would enjoy riding, and see if that helps you make your mind up. (y)

Ouch ! for Kits poor head. Glad she's ok. We are lucky here as we have a bike company near some good trails that offer 48 hour test rides. So that's my next stop. Please keep letting us all know how well your ownership experience goes .(y)

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Nice vid,
Here you were saying Kit Kit and i’m Thinking you were after a first aid kit, but narh, it was her name. ?

I hope your glad you went with the Levo over the Merida. They really come on to their own on the transport sections to the trail. I too always go full beast mode on the way home if I got enough left in the tank.
The trails are flatter, the rides are fatter, and the haters don’t matter, when your on an eMtb.
Enjoy ?

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
Tori, excellent vid & review of your Carbon Levo Expert FSR. Glad your friend is OK. I am waiting for another 3-4 weeks for mine to get here in US, so I really enjoyed your ride! No ‘Roos here but you need to watch for the deer tuning across the trails. Cheers!

JayB

Apr 7, 2018
South Carolina, USA
I showed your video to my wife. Big mistake!! I’m waiting for my Levo S-Works for a few more weeks. Now I guess there will be two Levo Carbon FSRs in the family soon...

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Nice vid,
Here you were saying Kit Kit and i’m Thinking you were after a first aid kit, but narh, it was her name. ?

I hope your glad you went with the Levo over the Merida. They really come on to their own on the transport sections to the trail. I too always go full beast mode on the way home if I got enough left in the tank.
The trails are flatter, the rides are fatter, and the haters don’t matter, when your on an eMtb.
Enjoy ?
I took the Levo to a bike park again this past weekend. It was really dry conditions, I thought grip wasn't as good as the week prior and that I was riding slower - until I put the footage back to back and I was actually faster a week later on the 'sketchier' conditions. I think I'm getting the feel of the bike both uphill and down and can't wait to see how I progress in the coming months. Really loving it.

I think the Merida would have been a great bike too - but I'm certainly very happy with my carbon Levo, it is one sexy machine and I love riding it.

I'm going to use that little quote of yours . . . 'the trails are flatter, the rides are fatter, and the haters don't matter' but I think I might substitute the word trails for climbs.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Tori, excellent vid & review of your Carbon Levo Expert FSR. Glad your friend is OK. I am waiting for another 3-4 weeks for mine to get here in US, so I really enjoyed your ride! No ‘Roos here but you need to watch for the deer tuning across the trails. Cheers!
Kangaroos are a big problem for MTB and dirt-bikers. They often bolt out of close bushland and you don't get much time to react. We have deer here too (feral) but they don't seem as suicidal as the 'roos.

I read a lot of hate on the USA forums (mtbr.com etc etc) for E Mountain bikes. It really perplexes me, from an Aussie perspective. No hate here and the bikes are very welcome at all dedicated MTB areas...

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Yeah that sounds better lol.
I find Tyre choice and pressures play a big part. I’m in the process of swapping out the standard Butchers in favour of Maxxis Minion Dhf and DHR.
Just ride and enjoy, they are a fantastic bike. ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Haha yeah, Roos and Roo poo, it’s all a Aussie hazard. I love it when a big red roo stares you down on a trail thinking “ Nup, i’m Not moving off the trail for ya”
Haha, good times ?

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Great Vid I have the same bike in silver and black and I love it. Had my first proper ride without -C temps and snow this past weekend and rode 35kms. Our speed limiter is 32kph here in Canada and I'm heavier this really reduced the range from what your getting I only had 30% left. I think if I stopped cruising at 30kph it would be much better lol. Glad you love your Levo.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Great Vid I have the same bike in silver and black and I love it. Had my first proper ride without -C temps and snow this past weekend and rode 35kms. Our speed limiter is 32kph here in Canada and I'm heavier this really reduced the range from what your getting I only had 30% left. I think if I stopped cruising at 30kph it would be much better lol. Glad you love your Levo.
Glad you enjoyed the vid! Could you vary down your assistance level in Eco, to give you some extra range? I think you could drop it down to 5 or 10%, and if you're riding on fire trails etc, you shouldn't have to worry about using too much battery?

Part of me would love to be able to assist cruise at a higher speed; but the cut out at 25kph suits me; I can sit a bit above that and conserve battery. I'm not going to mess with the system as is, it suits my needs and the bike does what I wanted it to do - take me into local terrain and give me the ability to climb up stuff I'd usually be walking.

Great bike and I hope to have another video uploaded later on tonight.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I agree the bike came with the European assist limit software originally and the battery lasted way longer. Specialized updated the software and increased the speed limit to North American limits and now the extra speed does drain it more. I’m going to try lowerering assist in eco like you said to see if that helps.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles