1st Lightweight full sus emtb for technical single tracks (Norway)

panther-ra

Apr 21, 2024
Oslo
Hello! I'm looking for first e-mtb bike. Previously I were riding on Giant Anthem 27.5 (2019) - 130/120mm Down country/Trail bike.
I've compared all pros and cons of full assist emtb and light assist emtb and decided to buy the lightweight version.
My Budget around 6k-7k euro.
I like both riding up and go down.
In the final short list I've added this bikes:
1. Santa Cruz Heckler SL – Fazua - S-kit - Most expensive bike (8k euro now, hope it will be on sale). Pros - Santa Cruz warranty.
2. Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp 2022 - Best value for money (6k euro now), but weakest motor 35 N*m.
3. Trek Trek Fuel EXe 9.7 2023 - Modern motor TQ 50 N*m, but the questionable price (7k euro).
4. Santa Cruz Bullit MX – EP801 S-kit 2023 - sits in the same category as Kenevo, but provide more power.
I want to read a hands on experience review, if somebody owns bikes from list above.
And what models else I can check? Full sus, light emtb, 150-170mm of travel on the front, 140-170 mm on the back.
Thank you!!

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
For me the most important factors would be how close the dealer is, the support they give and warranty.
And I doubt Santa Cruz got a better warranty policy than Specialized.

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
I've never bought anything "for the warranty".
It's never been a problem.
But, on your list, I'd pick the Heckler based on reviews.
I've got some time on the Pivot Shuttle SL with the same motor, and I thought it was pretty nice and also quiet.
I ride in Utah.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles