£160 to wrap a new bike? Waste of cash or??

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've been looking around for a long time for wrap/stickers my second battery.
View attachment 40993
And still haven't found anything.

Any ideas?
Have you thought of something like this to?

613Y8Ph01VL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Guaranteed to improve the looks of any Haibike
:p

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
funny way of thinking really unless money is no object....cars cost less yet what do you say then ‘it’s a car, drive it’ then some tit in a super market scratches It, doubt the attitude there will be ahhh it’s a car....

Surely it’s abit of a nonsense to dismiss preserving the value of these bikes given it’s not a car that can just be easily touched up for £30 and it’s a far greater job with the bikes. Loads of guys have spray coated and turned the bikes into their pride and joy, if there happy to damage that then I guess each to their own but I’d be surprised.....personally I’d not bother with a job if I couldn’t preserve it so a spray would need a wrap for me.

will the wrap add it’s value back or near too? Sure it will help, who can argue factory near as dammit isn’t worth £160 and in the process remove all the being ‘careful not to scratch it’ stuff....

Don’t get me wrong Ive seen second hand bikes scratches up and originally I was very much ‘it’s cool to scratch’ shows it’s been used properly!

BUT how easy the cube Matt scratched up with those Thule bars was disappointing and it looks abit naff; so in the end I realised I don’t buy into this ‘it’s a cool scar’ mentality personally; all I see is depreciation and a way to make an expensive bike look like it’s been in the wars more than it might have been.

Like new, very good condition will be likely when I sell one day, without the wrap it will be used...now if it makes zero difference then I’ll accept I’ve wasted some money but I’ll have a little piece of mind at least ?

do what you want of course, but it's no funnier way to think than getting all precious about a bunch of parts that get thrown down ma hill.

peace of mind has never been an issue for me.

does the cost + hassle pay back at resale? perhaps but I bet not by much.

enjoy your riding all.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
do what you want of course, but it's no funnier way to think than getting all precious about a bunch of parts that get thrown down ma hill.

peace of mind has never been an issue for me.

does the cost + hassle pay back at resale? perhaps but I bet not by much.

enjoy your riding all.

I think the veterans here will be like ‘get a grip lad’ but my bikes the lower end first time bracket I think, Orbea Wild 30....

Pros:
Looks great at the end still
Metal isn’t exposed to the elements
No worry about stupid Thule bars or anything scratching it up
easier to sell

cons
£160 but should recap half of that at least plus the other bits
Had to wait a few days before riding it
Look eternally green because it’s no scratches :LOL:

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
I wouldn't bother personally, it's a MTB ,if you hit a rock it won't do shyte protection wise.

This is a good product if minor scratches spike your anxiety and cause a disturbance in the force

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I always protect the high wear areas on my bikes, but you don't have to way out for a invisframe kit.
You can buy a roll of heli tape for about £14 that will do all the necessary bits.
Its easy and quick to fit and all my bikes have looked in very good nick when I sell them.?

Aug 27, 2020
Middlesbrough
£160 is exactly what I paid to have mine done recently. Personally I think it’s worth it and helps with resale value later down the line.

You could save £80-£100 and do the fitting yourself but this would likely take 4-5 hours to do it properly and to get a really good finish. I prefer just to pay an experienced professional to do it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles