• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered £1500 for an entry CRANK drive eMtb?

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral
Hi,
I'm looking to get an eMtb for leisure riding, dirt tracks, some easy up/down hill tracks and hopefully beach riding. I'm currently 6'1, 95kg ? and NOT fit- although I ride my regular bike for 20km jaunts occasionally and I'm wanting this to inspire me to lose about 15kg. Fingers crossed my work don't cap the C2W at £1000 but I think they might so I'm looking at around £1500 for a decent entry level eMtb. Is this possible?
I DEFINITELY want a crank/mid drive but that is all I know for sure. I've seen the Voodoo Bizango Electric for £1650 at Halfords but it's a clearance bike so probably won't be available when my works C2W scheme opens again.
My question is this- is this a good choice and are there any alternatives that anyone can recommend at this price point?

Thanks in advance! ?

Kev

Voodoo Bizango Mens Electric Mountain Bike - 21" | Halfords UK

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
In general Decathlon are pretty decent to buy off, with most stores having wells trained mechanics, so dont let the brand put you off

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral
In general Decathlon are pretty decent to buy off, with most stores having wells trained mechanics, so dont let the brand put you off

I'm a complete noob when it comes to ebikes, and a novice with regular bikes so to be honest the brand names mean nothing to me anyhoo! I'll definitely have a look at them and see what the general consensus is though.
I like the look of the Voodoo from what people have said about it and if I can I'd probably go for that unless there is some reason not too (or I can't get hold of one in time!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles