New demo bike - 160 Stereo Hybrid

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Will you have your own @TheBikePilot in your video though ??

bike pilot.jpg

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
Pick up new sl 160 on friday,charge up for a few hours and I'll ride around d the doors like a 10 year old lol...charge overnight and out Saturday morning,then home and leathers on and back out on my motorbike for the rest of the day...home,beers,maybe get lucky then sleep..definitely not working this weekend no matter what they offer me
Ah...I need some new bottoms,shorts or 3/4s hard to get for my overly large frame..any suggestion as my old clobber just doesn't fit anymore

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
At long last,I finally have it !!! The blue.is actually very greenish,still cool though...85nm update is back of July which will either be free from bosch or cost £40 through Infinity..cant imagine needing more but its day 1,and let's be honest,everything is great on new toy day regardless..pics and bullshit to follow

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
Far too soon to offer any real opinion,but in the few early miles I need to move the actual seat back on its rails,even an inch for my natural seating position,rear shock needs sorting,Bob's a bit when powering uphill,maybe more air front and back..motor noise is so far 99%unnoticed,bo creeks or rattles at all,over 15/16mph on the flat is absolutely fine,ah I will be putting long pins in shimano saint peddles..strangely I'm spending more time over speed limit of the motor which at times I think have I got something I dont need,but its getting to those speeds that always killed me lol..so far I'm really pleased with my choice and have zero regrets...Ive only got 10 poxy miles on it lol,many many more to go..done 5miles this morning just to get out in honesty but the purion displayed ranges in each modes that also correspond perfectly to miles I'm doing,again, I realise this is in no way an accurate assessment of the bike,I'm.just an enthusiastic new owner who.wants to talk shop..happy days,well apart from the shitty weather

20200627_124312.jpg

Last edited:

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Far too soon to offer any real opinion,but in the few early miles I need to move the actual seat back on there rails,even an inch for my natural seaton position,rear shock needs sorting,Bob's a bit when powering uphill,maybe more air front and back..motor noise is so far 99%unnoticed,bo creaks or rattles at all,over 15/16mph on the flat is absolutely fine,ah I will be putting long pins in shimano saint peddles..strangely I'm spending more time over speed limit of the motor which at times I think have I got something I dont need,but its getting to those speeds that always killed me lol..so far I'm really pleased with my choice and have zero regrets...Ive only got 10 poxy miles on it lol,many many more to go..done 5miles this morning just to get out in honesty but the purion displayed ranges in each modes that also correspond perfectly to miles I'm doing,again, I realise this is in no way an accurate assessment of the bike,I'm.just an enthusiastic new owner who.wants to talk shop..happy days,well apart from the shitty weather

View attachment 34404

If it feels like it’s Bobbing that’s your rebound which needs tweaking. If you ride off a curb it shouldn't buck you back up more than once..

There’s loads of vids on YouTube about setting rebound..!

Enjoy your bike man, you’ll get the new software update end of July which will transform the motor..

Last edited:

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
If it feels like it’s Bobbing that’s your rebound which needs tweaking. If you ride off a curb it should buck you back up more than once..

There’s loads of vids on YouTube about setting rebound..!

Enjoy your bike man, you’ll get the new software update end of July which will transform the motor..
Yes,I'll go through everything properly,I've never been big on settings and I've only had hardtail bikes..

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The bob going up hill could also just be getting used to it ?? the reaction on the power is probably more than you'd expect if you're not used to it ?

There's probably a really good way to test for it ?!

I'd left my rebound alone until recently then last week I backed it off 10 clicks on the theory that it was only my lack of skill which needed the slower re-bound.

Initial thoughts were that it was incredible .. it smoothed things out and felt "buttery smooth" (seems to be this weeks description) ...

30 minutes later I was almost nursing a broken face as I hit three sequential 30cm bumps on a fast downhill, the bike bucked back in my face so fast I didnt' stand a chance .. obviously, I fell off .. (I always do) .. and put 8 clicks back on and learnt the lesson to make small changes .. :)

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
2 clicks seems to have sorted that minor issue...on a big plus note....28miles today,mainly bridle and a little road work,lots of hills first half that was an absolute breeze..my mate who is a big roadie and super fit done nothing but laugh at how easy I found it,considering how unfit I've become..28 miles using a mix of eco/tour which was also good enough for small.hills then emtb/turbo for anything bigger,and their was one or two monsters .finished ride with 13 miles range turbo and reading 27miles eco roughly figure off the top of my head..
Brilliant first proper distance ride but looking forward to some .ore challenging rides the enduro was designed for...cant believe I feel pretty fresh considering..I'd go again if battery and arse could do it.....I'd imagine this is what prison feels like?
Also forgot to mention,motor noise even under load seems very very quiet...this was a concern beforehand and one of the reasons I was seriously considering the levo..two friends with me said they couldn't here it at all

Last edited:

Phal44

Jul 5, 2020
South East
I find my headset comes loose quite easy on my 160 HPC SL and I notice this because of the creaks. I just loosen the two bolts on the stem and tighten the cap a bit before doing the two stem bolts up again. Creak goes away for a while then but seems to come back. Only just got a proper torque wrench though so we'll see if its miraculously better with the right torque.

The creaking from around the motor on the other hand doesn't seem to go away despite re-torquing everything lol (after 250 ish dusty miles).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles