Yamaha battery unusual behaviour?

Happydog

Dec 16, 2020
Ireland
Hi everyone. I was wondering if any of you have had any issues with your Yamaha battery?

I have a Haibike hardseven with the Yamaha pw-se motor and a 400wh intube battery and when I went to charge it this morning it changed fine for the first minute and then the first two lights flashed followed by the 3rd and 4th and so on.

I then tried changing it from a different outlet and it changed fine. This was the first time charging in that outlet. Is it possible that the outlet is at fault rather than the battery?

Thanks

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Had you just used the bike ? The battery could have been warm and not wanting to charge. Or if the battery was stored somewhere cold, it could have been below it's cut off charging temperature.

I guess you could also try the first outlet again.

On a UK socket, the live should be wired to the right hand side, but being AC current, if it was wired with live and neutral the wrong way on that socket most things would still work and you'd be none the wiser. Only certain things for some reason like the positive and negative the correct way round, but rarely chargers.

Happydog

Dec 16, 2020
Ireland
Hi Zimmer.

Had the battery sitting in my kitchen overnight with the plan to charge it before heading out to work so do think the temperature was the issue. I'm a bit worried about using that out let again in case it does something to the battery. Its an outlet that we very rearly use. I'll give it a full charge tonight to see what happens.

Thanks

Happydog

Dec 16, 2020
Ireland
Just an update. I have tried to charge the battery in the same outlet and indeed have and the same issue again. It charges fine in all the other outlets, so it must be the outlet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles