Levo Gen 2 Who’s the oldest Levo rider?

Bazzer485

Apr 8, 2024
Redding CA
Hi Bazzer,
You are in front I'm approaching 70 😊 my first bike was a Dawes Dartanion way back in the early 60's I have rode many different bikes since. One of my latest is. specialized Levo. I also have prostate cancer, at Gleason score of 2. Really hope you enjoy the rest of your life👍😊
Unfortunately my Gleason Score was a solid 9. But my excellent oncologist put me on Lupron, Xtand and proton radiation right away. Not my oncologist says I’m in clinical remission which is amazing, there is a good chance I might die of something else, I have a dodgy ticket after a four way bypass in 2007. I’m ex special forces so I don’t give in to easily My plan is to die in bed with a eighteen year old hottie ( only joking) but the Levo has given me a new lease on life. There is life in the old dog yet.
I would advise every male to get their PSA checked and keep a eye on it and to be worried if your six monthly checkup shows it to be increasing, my family doctor failed to do that Umtil it was to late.
Sorry to preach
Bazzer

ChuckK

Mar 15, 2020
Golden, CO
Yes, ebikes are restricted on many of trails near Moah. We usually take our Amish bikes along with our ebikes to ride the restricted trails, but we see an increasing number of ebikes everywhere of late.

Ebikes are allowed in all Utah State Parks, and one of our favorites is the Intrepid Trail system in Dead Horse Point State Park just above Moab. The trails are very similar to those nearby off Hwy 313 (the Navajo Rocks, Horsesthief and Mag 7 areas). The pic in post #8 above is from the Twisted Tree section of the Intrepid system.

There’s also a lot of great “adventure” riding on the 4x4 trails nearby. Not singletrack but lots of interesting line choices are presented and the scenery is beautiful. Perfect for ebikes. Here are a few examples:

Seven Mile Rim overlook
View attachment 138999

Poison Spider Mesa view
View attachment 139000

mrs levity near Bartlett Wash
View attachment 139001

White Rim trail in Canyonlands Natl Park
View attachment 139002

Metal Masher Widow Maker
View attachment 139003

slickrock around Monitor and Merrimac Buttes
View attachment 139004

between the Buttes
View attachment 139005

Needles District of Canyonlands Natl Park
View attachment 139006

Silver Stairs in Needles area
View attachment 139007

The hiking in the Needles district makes it worth the trip

The Joint trail
View attachment 139008
Big Spring overlook
View attachment 139009

ChuckK

Mar 15, 2020
Golden, CO
I somehow missed this reply earlier and am just seeing it now. Thanks for the information. A couple of years ago, I did take my e-bike on a couple of the Dead Horse Point trails and they were great. I’m in Golden, CO so Moab is about a 5-hour drive.

Mr. Breeze

May 2, 2024
Phoenix, AZ
Props to you all! Gives me hope for a long eMTB riding career!
I feel like a kid at 62!
Pretty new to MTB - did some road racing back in the day, but 4 yrs ago got a Levo and have since added a Fuel Exe to the stable. 2 partial knee replacements and I haven't had this much fun on a bike since I was 12 years old!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles