Where are all the Neat riders?

Rubble

Jan 21, 2022
Exeter, Devon
Is no one buying? Can't find many users on FB, YouTbe or here.

Interested in people's experiences so far. Hoping to get one when £ allows. TIA

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Safe to say the price is holding a lot of interested riders back. With all the talk of manufacturers overstocked and offering big savings on the backlog of '23 bikes , we're not seeing that from Mondraker.

Rubble

Jan 21, 2022
Exeter, Devon
A false alarm above, my bad.
Still seeing Fuel Exe and also Scott Lumens on sale (TQ). How long can I hold out for a Neat?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm sure I read a couple of years ago that Mondraker deliberately hold back on production so that they don't have to go into fire-sale mode just to clear stock before the new model. Does anyone else recall that?

Rubble

Jan 21, 2022
Exeter, Devon
Still no sales. New SL models dropping all the time. Even seen a newly released
CUBE AMS HYBRID ONE44 C:68X SUPER TM 400X 29 with over a 1k discount already. Some Fuel Exes with 45% off. Mondraker must be losing out here?

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I'm a huge Mondraker fan (have owned 2) and the Neat is a pretty special bike. However, I have to admit after riding my Relay F60 for a year, I just would not want a reduction in power and especially battery life.

Unfortunately, the TQ HP50 is very inefficient with its limited battery watts due to its unique design.

Francis Cebedo did climbs and measured how much battery juice was used with the different e-bikes and a quick calculation showed that the Fazua 60 models could have made the same climb about 6.5x more than the TQ HP (going off memory honestly). This is because of the smaller battery and the lower efficiency of the TQ.

I ran my Fazua down to 18% last weekend (most ever) and I just would not want a reduction in range and power. Unfortunately, power corrupts. I started off being adamant that my Relay would remain in the lowest setting and I was content like that for a long while. But as time went on, I began wanting more and more power and now use the middle and rocket setting much more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles