Update on our EST-520's

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
We've had the bikes since last August but only managed around 380 miles (I am sure you can work out why). But so far (touch wood), nothing has gone majorly wrong.

My wife's bike stopped working on one ride. Turns out the display connector had come undone. I did it back up and it sprang back into life. Her bike creaks a bit when it's pushed backwards - sometimes. I think that's about it.

Mine seems OK. The brakes were squealing but I took them out, cleaned them and put a chamfer on the leading edge and that seemed to sort them.

We've replaced the seat posts with sprung ones for a bit of comfort and also replaced the seats with more padded ones. Both stems have been replaced with shorter, adjustable ones to raise the bar height. The limit is the front brake line which is getting tight of you go up too much - poor design in my opinion).

Batteries seem to last about 40-50 miles using a mixture of numbers, 1, 2 and 3 (wife uses more 3 than I do). We went for a 22 mile ride today on mainly level ground (an old railway track) and only used up one bar.

So far, so good. Let's see what happens over the summer.

Alan

IMG_20210530_114600.jpg

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
Slight update. The sidestand on mine collapsed (it was a £9.99 one from Decathlon) because the red button flew off and it got all floppy. I've fitted a spare one I had, but I need to get something a bit more substantial.

Alan

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles