STRIVE :ON POWER CUTOUTS

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
If your bike is suffering power cutout, you need to check 2 places:
#1- LATCH --> canyon has acknowledge this, and has released a new latch
#2- Upper Bracket

If you decide to continue ridding, ignoring this, next time the mode led goes orange, check flow app/components, and if battery dot is not green, than it's disconnected.

After several atempts to remedy, 2 new latchs [one old design, the other new design], the problem persisted.

Decided in putting my bike running well again (it was good for the 1st 1.000km), decided to check the upper bracket.
The bolts that go throught the frame were tighten, but after removing the bracket from inside, it had bolts ½ and ¼ unbolted.
To check yours, you'll need the following:

- not too thick arms (you need to stick one on the downtube!)
- remove the lower closing bracket (where the latch closes, and has the 2 proctrutions to assemble the bash guard).
- connect the cables on one side, so that when assembly you don't mess things down (can be ziptie/electric tape/what ever)
- remove both aluminium stripes, that hold the cables (it might be tight... but take your time).
- remove the torxk skrews beneath the downtube and near the headtube.
- remove the all bracket assembly.
- remove the outer cover that "protects the electrical wiring on both plugs

INSPECTION

Check all wires for nicks or chanfing.
Remove all bolts from the bracket, and inspect everything.
Check the plug pins, for any debried or deposits

CLEANING:
Clean everything, making sure that the plug pins are shinny

ASSEMBLY:
Start by assembly the wire cover.
Apply threalock on all bolts, and tigthen everything.
[[SPECIAL NOTE:
The bracket can be adjusted on the stainless support.
Align everything... and make sure it seats in a position that makes it tighter to the battery.]]
Once all is done, place the upper bracket.
Adjust the cables and assemble the wire covers, but don't squeeze all down.
Assemble the bracket inside the downtube, and bolt it to the downtube. Don't forget to place washers!
[[Note: secure and move around the bracket inside the downtube, until you found it's place with the outside bolts.]]

Once all done... just make sure the cables are correctly alligned, and squeeze the covers in.

Assembly the lower support, tighten correctly.

Assemble the battery, check for connection, DONE!

If your bike hasn't got the new latch, ask Canyon and apply for warranty case for the latch.

In the picture bellow, you can check the deposits on the plug pins

Final step: Go to a Bosch Dealer, and erase all errors from the bike.

20240506_122749.jpg Screenshot_20240508_200919_Flow.jpg

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Now then. My Strive:On died this weekend in North Wales. I've had the replacement latch from Canyon back in December last year, fitted it myself and all has been absolutely fine, until now. The bike is booked in at a local bike shop that is a registered Canyon Service Partner so hopefully they'll be looking at the top connection bracket and replacing as required. Mario's thorough description above is perfect timing for me, I'll be showing this to the mechanic, cheers.

Here's a video of exactly when the bike died. Not a difficult trail at all, just a red graded 'trail centre' trail. Marin Trail near Betws-y-Coed. We'd been to Antur Stiniog the day before which is far chunkier and had no issues (except two flats but that's a whole other story!)

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Now then. My Strive:On died this weekend in North Wales. I've had the replacement latch from Canyon back in December last year, fitted it myself and all has been absolutely fine, until now. The bike is booked in at a local bike shop that is a registered Canyon Service Partner so hopefully they'll be looking at the top connection bracket and replacing as required. Mario's thorough description above is perfect timing for me, I'll be showing this to the mechanic, cheers.

Here's a video of exactly when the bike died. Not a difficult trail at all, just a red graded 'trail centre' trail. Marin Trail near Betws-y-Coed. We'd been to Antur Stiniog the day before which is far chunkier and had no issues (except two flats but that's a whole other story!)

Yes, show it.
The removal of the bracket is a real PITA, and anyone with strong forearms, will have to use a/the tool.
When I did mine, I didn't took too many pictures, but I'll try to make a picture/drawing instructions on how to proceed.

And insist on having the bracket removed.
I also asked to check my bracket with the LBS Canyon designated, and they said they did, but was all BS, because I found completed unbolted.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles