Scott Patron 920 Sensor / Magnet location

macinthekitchen

Jun 28, 2020
Ringwood
Hey folks
I have a Scott Patron 920 and I'm having some issue with a Bosch 523001 error. Hunting around on the inter webs, it looks the easiest potential fix is a sensor / magnet tweak, after that it seems to get more serious. Looking at the manual, it looks like the sensor should be a hub sensor and magnet on the hub / disc, but I can't see either the sensor or the magnet. Looking at a bunch of photos online I can see some Patrons have the rim sensor and others don't so I'm wondering if perhaps mine is a rim version, not a hub as per the manual. so... anyone got a 22 Patron 920 and can tell me where their sensor and magnets are?

macinthekitchen

Jun 28, 2020
Ringwood
Going to answer my own question in case anyone else needs the answer. Scott told me “Some of our Patrons were fitted with external speedsensors and a magnet on the rotor and others with fitted with a magnet on the base of the valve which is referred to as a rim magnet. Details below taken from the Bosch manual.

"Rim magnet

When installing a rim magnet, no sensor is required to detect a wheel turn. The drive unit itself detects when the magnet is close to it and calculates the speed and any other data required from the frequency of the emergence of the magnet field. Since the drive unit is sensitive to magnetic fields, avoid other magnetic fields in the vicinity of the drive unit (e.g. magnetic clipless pedals, magnetic cadence sensors, etc.) in order to prevent disruption to the drive unit."

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles